Thoughts on velvet jackets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave Porter View Post
    No thoughts. I feel like there are better bets. Tweed or Corduroy.
    I tentatively agree with Dave. That being said, a blazer that you'll get a lot of wear out of is never a bad idea. If you like it, go for it! I'd go with dark brown or black for versatility.

Comment

While it seems like most people chose navy and I agree that would have been a safe bet, I went with my gut and picked up a burgundy jacket. Wore it to a holiday reception last night with navy blue pants and black shoes. Got a TON of compliments on the outfit.

Thoughts?

Comment

Not a fan.

Comment

Odd comparison. Completely different color, no top hat, no frilly bow or colored shirt. But hey, that's your feeling. If I were to be as awesome as Willy Wonka or Gene Wilder, that's a compliment!

Comment

Originally posted by mdwsta4 View Post
            While it seems like most people chose navy and I agree that would have been a safe bet, I went with my gut and picked up a burgundy jacket. Wore it to a holiday reception last night with navy blue pants and black shoes. Got a TON of compliments on the outfit.

Thoughts?

I like that look.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAD91 View Post
              If I was going to wear a velvet jacket, I would go with the burgundy. Why buy velvet and then a subtle color? Seems to defeat the purpose.
              Because you are wearing a velvet blazer. It's like a bowtie. You dont need to have the loud, obnoxious, PeeWee Herman bowtie to get noticed, something subtle is all you need. Everyone will notice. The same goes for a velvet blazer.

Comment

Working...
              X