Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AE Cronmoks Sizing

Hey fellas,

what is your experience with the sizing of AE's Cronmoks? I usually wear 43 in EU sizing/9.5 US sizing respectively (although my Hamilton Sebagos are too big for me in 9.5 in length, but not width), but those Cronmoks would be my first AEs and I've heard rumors that with some of their shoes, the sizing is supposedly off.

Thanks!

It's hard to judge on the 5 last. Are you a solid D width or do you lean more on the wider part?

Comment

Thanks for your reply! Since I just moved to the US 4 months ago, I'm not used to any width sizes..

Comment

As a general rule sizing dow half a size and up a width seems to work pretty well for people in the 5 last. This is just a generality tho and its much better for you try them on in a store.

Comment

There's a Boots Sale on Amazon, though, and they only have the "D" widths. I guess a safe way would be to size down to a 9, correct?

Comment

@Todd: Not necessarily, Sizing down also means the width will decrease as well as the length. The reason why some people size down and up a width on the 5 last is because the 5 last is narrower and lengthier. But remember this is a just a generality and for some people the 5 last fits true to size. The only way to really know is to go try them on in person. If you do not live near an allen edmonds store, go to a nordstrom and try on a Strand or Park avenue which is built on a 5 last. Different models on the same last can feel different, but this could give you a rough estimate as to how the cronmoks would fit on you.

Comment

I've noticed that AE shoes fit varies even if its the same last. I'm a 9C when measured and a 9C in Strands is the most comfortable shoe I've ever owned. A 9C in the park aves rubbed my little toe to the point that it was sore by the end of the night. They don't make the McTavish in a C so I got them in 9B and they are super comfy as well.

Comment

Agree with Acousticfoodie. I went half a size down in the Strand (also on the 5 last) and it fits well.

Comment

Unfortunately, the nearest Nordstrom is pretty far away, and as a college student, I don't have a car. Guess I'll just try the 9 and return em should they not fit. Thanks for the advice, guys!

Comment

Working...
                  X