Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have experience with Proper Suit? Other suit suggestions in NYC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have experience with Proper Suit? Other suit suggestions in NYC?

I'm traveling up to NYC the end of Oct - 1st week of November. Has anyone had experience with Proper Suit? They have a deal going on right now for a three-piece, fully canvased suit for $850 with an in person fitting during the time I will be up there. Was wondering if anyone has had actual experience with them. I understand their edge over IndoChino is not only (promised) better construction but the fact that they laser cut the fabric so you don't end up with different tailor discrepancy between orders. They, however, do not offer any refund for alterations and don't have a generous promise to remake if its off. But with an in person fitting with a tailor, seems like that would be much less likely to happen.

I've also seen good things about SuitSupply for off the rack, decent construction. Any New Yorkers that can recommend other alternatives for a good quality suit?

I was just recently at SuitSupply last Wednesday. I highly recommend them. It's definitely worth a try. You pretty much walk in tell them what you want and their salesmen will fit you and find every suit in the style you're looking for. They'll even do the tailoring on site, so chances of you walking out of their with a perfectly fitted suit is good and their prices are very reasonable.

And it's also a pretty cool looking place too.

Comment

SuitSupply no doubt is a great company with a great product (IMHO best OTR retailer) - however if you want the ease of having your perfect custom electronic suit pattern for eternity in the cloud then Proper is the way to go!

-Richard (Proper Suit co-founder)

Comment

Working...
      X