Bonobos Boot-Cut Chinos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonobos Boot-Cut Chinos

What are your thoughts on Bonobos boot cut chinos? I just ordered some of the straight cut, and they fit great - but I like a wider leg opening and a deeper break. Their boot cut looks like it's fairly slim through the thigh and that there's a bit of a flare from the knee down, which would achieve the leg opening I want, but I'm worried it'd look goofy. I'd like something that's trim through the hips and upper thighs, but easier through the knee and lower leg than the Bonobos straight cut is. Doesn't seem to exist. I'm a fairly slim guy at 6'0 and 175lb.

I guess my question is whether the boot cut is dorky as hell, or whether I could pull it off. I've seen strong words against boot cut chinos around the web, but are they really that bad?

Straight:

Boot:

If I could find chinos cut like the jeans I'm wearing right now, I'd be over the moon, but...

I don't want to be a wet blanket here, but there is no conceivable reason for the existence of boot cut pants. They do look that dorky. Even straight fit jeans will fit over boots (I wear boots and straight fit jeans all the time).
    "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

I agree with greg. Stick to Straight Leg, which fit perfect over boots.

Comment

At the risk of being viewed as "dorky", I do own a few Bonobos boot cut khaki's (30/30), and at least in that size, the bootcut is very subtle, bordering on straight fit. I wear them with my Dalton's and they look great. Maybe in the bigger sizes the bootcut is more pronounced, but again, in my size, it's barely noticeable. I buy bootcut because when I wear oxfords, I like to have the top half of my laces covered.

Comment

Working...
        X