Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The I wish I could abstain from Black Friday because I buy too much clothes anyway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The I wish I could abstain from Black Friday because I buy too much clothes anyway

But the deals are too good! Thoughts?

Many? Ech I dunno

Comment

I've been an avid BF shopper for gifts and electronics in the past, but I've never used it for clothes. I've done post-Christmas clothes binging before, but never Black Friday. This year is different, but I've got a lazer focus on shoes. For anything else, I'm just putting it on my Christmas wish list and crossing my fingers.

Comment

Like you Alan I have been an giant electronic BF shopper and I have had Best Buy Silver reward membership for years now. This is my first year I do not need any electronics. I plan to check out my local outlets on some outerwear and sweaters. Maybe Clarks and Johnson and Murphy have something to make me buy more shoes? Haha... But it is a great time to shop for others if you want to resist buying for yourself. I plan to grab some stuff for various people for Christmas now.

Comment

I am slowly reaching my threshold, which I had for electronics in years past. For example, the HDTV I have currently have is enough to last me a decade. As far as clothing goes, I pretty much do not need anything else as the clothing I've purchased is enough to last me the next ten years lol. My shoe collection alone is enough to last the next 50!

Comment

Haha... But it is a great time to shop for others if you want to resist buying for yourself. I plan to grab some stuff for various people for Christmas now.
            FWIW, I usually start Christmas shopping in October and by the time Black Friday is winding down, I'm just about done.

I am slowly reaching my threshold
            I know what you mean, but for some reason I don't seem to have a threshold for shoes and sport coats.

Plus, I've grown so accustomed to finding sales throughout the year that Black Friday isn't as big of a deal as it used to be for me. There may be more sales all at once on BF, but most individual sales aren't much better than what I find at other times. For example, Last Call has 40% sales at least once a month. They'll have a 50% sale on Black Friday, but that extra 10% isn't worth the traffic, the waking up early, etc.

Plus, I've become almost immune to blanket % off sales. If I can't stack it with a coupon or clearance item, there's a strong likelihood that I still won't pull the trigger.

Comment

I have a general rule:

I don't get out of bed for less than 30% and I won't leave the house for less than 40%... And that's if there are no lines.

Comment

I'd rather stay home and squeeze lime juice in my eyes than brave the hordes the day after Thanksgiving. I'm not much of an electronics aficionado and I fly across the country for the holidays, so I have to keep my gifts light or have them shipped directly anyway, so this is not much of a sacrifice for me.

Comment

To echo Alan, I've never bought clothes on Black Friday either. My year-round scavenging and sale chasing usually does better than what I've seen for BF.

Comment

I would like to buy something, I have the money to buy something (hurray for unexpected cash), but honestly, I can't find anything I'm really in, nothing that I really need (except maybe that damn navy cotton blazer that I still can't find). I'll be buying a new cellphone, but nothing clothing-related.

Comment

The only electronic I want is a casio light up keyboard that shows you the keys to press for my little guy. He'd probably be over the moon learning to play twinkle twinkle after he just started trying to sing it and it's not a video game

Comment

i just feel like there is a ton of pressure to find the great deal! this year i decided to stick to the basics and really just stock up on shirts, sweaters etc. instead of looking for that big ticket item - and i'm doing it online, because i believe that most of the deals can be found online nowadays anyway.

Comment

I went in to BF not needing anything and we are pretty much done shopping.

Comment

Working...
                          X