No announcement yet.

J Crew Factory or J Crew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, I ordered a medium and a medium tall both in black. Judging by the reviews, sizing down sounds like the way to go. As for the black....

Comment

I have the BR Navy Peacoat. I ordered a medium long, and am 6'4 185 40L.

Haven't ever seen the JCF peacoat in person, but I quite like the BR, and I might have gotten annoyed with the anchors on the JCF buttons. I got the BR during a 40% off, so, 150? It's 80% wool, which isn't bad in that price range. It fits very trim on me if you're curious. I have no idea why BR has such an awful cover photo unbuttoned - it fits more like the 'rear' shot seen here with the taper:

I took these pics for my girlfriend, but you guys can have them too I guess lol. Excuse everything awful about them, such as my mug

Collar pops nicely

FTR, I would have preferred the J Crew Bayswater. However, it ran large on me - I would have needed a small/tall...which doesn't exist. The BR medium fits slimmer than the JC medium. Fit is king.

Comment

great choice. i like its fit too. although charcoal would be my preferred color. it fits me better than bayswater. i also agree that BR product pictures are poorly executed, very bad.

Originally posted by Margotron View Post
        I have the BR Navy Peacoat. I ordered a medium long, and am 6'4 185 40L.

Haven't ever seen the JCF peacoat in person, but I quite like the BR, and I might have gotten annoyed with the anchors on the JCF buttons. I got the BR during a 40% off, so, 150? It's 80% wool, which isn't bad in that price range. It fits very trim on me if you're curious. I have no idea why BR has such an awful cover photo unbuttoned - it fits more like the 'rear' shot seen here with the taper:

Comment

So I got both of my jackets in and M Tall seems to fit me better. I did order the black becuase of price but now wondering about the navy option. Its seems like everyone has recommended other colors but black. Is there a big reason for that? I normally wear jeans, and chinos to work while brown seems to be my shoe preference. Not a very "business formal" place but for the price I couldn't pass on the black. Should I hold onto it for a week or two and see if the navy goes on sale? Thanks in advance....you guys are awesome!!

Comment

Holy crap, we need a separate forum for pea coat questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
              So I got both of my jackets in and M Tall seems to fit me better. I did order the black becuase of price but now wondering about the navy option. Its seems like everyone has recommended other colors but black. Is there a big reason for that? I normally wear jeans, and chinos to work while brown seems to be my shoe preference. Not a very "business formal" place but for the price I couldn't pass on the black. Should I hold onto it for a week or two and see if the navy goes on sale? Thanks in advance....you guys are awesome!!
              I'd say its mostly because just about everyone has a black peacoat. Nothing wrong with it IMO, especially for the huge price difference.

Comment

Working...
              X