Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going on a shoe binge! Need some help picking out some AE's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FWIW, my wife has been on her own shopping spree the past week or so. So it helps that I'm not the only one receiving packages in the mail. Plus, she knows that I won't be keeping them all. And one of those pairs of shoes is a Christmas gift for my brother so it doesn't really count.

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
      For Black Friday, all the shoes listed above will be $99 each.
      Hey Alan, just wondering where you got this info from, because I didn't see it in the Black Friday thread.

So all these are $99, and some are firsts?

Park Ave Walnut grain
      Malvern Brown
      Malvern Brown grain
      Hamptons brown/brown
      Quinton Brogue (brown suede)
      Player dark chocolate suede

Comment

Correct. I had to contact the Shoe Bank in Wisconsin to obtain a list from them of all discontinued items that will qualify for the $99 sale on Black Friday. That is a portion of the list.

Comment

I jumped on the AE sale too. I got the Brooks Presidio penny loafer in brown, and the Malvern in brown grain for $99 each. I already have a desert boot in chocolate suede, so I was considering getting the Bayfield in brown instead, but it's $167 instead of $99. What do you guys think? Does the Malvern in brown grain fill a different whole than a chocolate suede desert boot?

Comment

I just got the Malvern brown grain for $99 as well. I already have a pair of Clarks desert boots in Beeswax and the Cole Haan Paul chukkas but at $99 the deal was too good to pass up.

Comment

Not Outlet stores near me in the Bay Area "cry"

Comment

Originally posted by aqwayne93 View Post
                Not Outlet stores near me in the Bay Area "cry"
                You can call an outlet store to request a spreadsheet with models available in your size. If you find something you want, you can place a phone order.

Comment

The first pair came in - Kiowa seconds. I like the overall look (which is not nearly as ugly as the pics online), but the leather across the heels is kind of jacked up. They'll be going back.

I've also confirmed that 5 more will be shipped today. They're still trying to round up the rest, though. And they're starting to sound doubtful that they'll be able to locate everything. I may be short a few pairs before it's all said and done. I just hope they're nothing I had my heart set on. :P

Comment

Alan noooo!!! I was looking forward to your monstrous group photo lol

Comment

I'm crossing my fingers and my freakishly long toes.

Comment

Looks like my card got charged on the 24th for the 1 pair of shoes. Hopefully they should be here shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                          Looks like my card got charged on the 24th for the 1 pair of shoes. Hopefully they should be here shortly.
                          Sweet! Looks like my card just got charged for another 6 pairs, but they said that they would charge me as pairs are sent out so I'm not completely SOL on the others yet.

Comment

I was able to confirm which shoes have shipped and which ones are still in limbo.

Shipped:
                            Katmai < - suede chukka
                            Amok (maracca) <- suede chukka
                            Park Ave (tan grain) <- dressy cap toe balmoral
                            Quinton (brogue) <- suede wingtip balmoral
                            Hampton (brown/brown) <- winged cap toe specs (just look it up. hard to explain)
                            Malvern (brown grain) <- pebble grain chukka
                            Kiowa (tan distressed) <- casual medallion cap toe

Limbo:
                            Milford (black) <- venetian-style slip on
                            Hastings (black) <- formal whole cut
                            Elgin (brown) <- casual medallion cap toe

Of course, the three that are missing are three of my favorites. I think I'm going to love the Quintons, but the Milfords are supposed to be a Christmas gift for my brother, the Hastings were going to be my black formal shoes, and the Elgins were going to be my new casual go-to shoes. We'll see if they ever arrive.
                            Last edited by alan; November 27, 2012, 12:32 PM.

Comment

I was trying to decide between the Katmai and the Malvern but the lady on the phone said the Malverns are much nicer. She also said the Katmai have more of an orangish color to them. So I went with the Malvern. I'll find out in a few days how I like them.

I considered the Amok but all the reviews said they have this really loud squeak so I decided to pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                                I was trying to decide between the Katmai and the Malvern but the lady on the phone said the Malverns are much nicer. She also said the Katmai have more of an orangish color to them. So I went with the Malvern. I'll find out in a few days how I like them.

I considered the Amok but all the reviews said they have this really loud squeak so I decided to pass.
                                Yeah, I read the same thing about the Amok. We'll have to see how it plays out. I was drawn in by the unusual color choice. The Katmai looks like a step up from the Amok. And the Malvern in suede would have been the prime choice, but all they had was calf and grain so I went with grain. I figure that gives me 3 chukkas to choose between and I can always return whatever doesn't work for me. I figure I'll be keeping at least one chukka, though.
                                Last edited by alan; November 27, 2012, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X