Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going on a shoe binge! Need some help picking out some AE's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm wearing the brown suede Malverns right now! My favorite shoe in the fall, highly recommended!

Comment

Ok! So it's settled...

Malvern Brown
      Malvern Brown grain
      Quinton Brogue (brown suede)

Muchas gracias, everybody.

Comment

Hey Alan, Did you see if the Malverns were available in a brown calf as opposed to calf? I have a pair of J&M Runnels in tan that i like, but was thinking of grabbing a pair of leather chukkas for when it rains. However, not really digging the grain leather.

Also, you hear if they are doing a deal on the long branch or dalton?

Thanks!

Comment

@andrew4h: The selection will be different for every size since it's all clearance stuff. Your best bet is to contact them directly and get a list of all closeout items.

Comment

BUMMER! I just re-read the item number on the Malvern brown suedes. They are, in fact, Malvern brown calf. :-P Guess I better add something to the list.

Comment

The replacement:
              AE Elgin (tan)

Comment

@Alan - I love my pair of Elgins in Saddle brown!

Comment

Alan, I have the snuff suede in the players. It is really too bad that they don't have that color available in your size as it is rich and beautiful in person. Either way, they are a very versatile shoe in suede and they get a lot of wear.
                  "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

If I'm being perfectly honest, I actually increased the number of shoes I'm ordering... by a lot... I'm too embarrassed to say. I'll still keep just 2, but I'm hedging my bets.

Comment

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
                      Alan, I have the snuff suede in the players. It is really too bad that they don't have that color available in your size as it is rich and beautiful in person. Either way, they are a very versatile shoe in suede and they get a lot of wear.
                      They actually do have it, but I'm going with the Quintons instead. I already have a heavy duty pair of wingtips in my Florsheim Veblens (not suede, but fill the same niche) so I'm going to give the Quintons a look. They're suede wingtip balmorals so they're "cleaner", but are still suede. Plus I ordered the Players back during the 2 for $200 sale and they didn't fit well. We'll see how it all plays out.

Comment

I did a bad bad thing...

Once I found out that the sale included a number of first quality shoes, I upped my order. Now I have 10 pairs of shoes coming in the mail, and seven or so are firsts. I warned my wife that a lot of shoes are coming our way, but I didn't exactly tell her how many. I promised her that most are going back, but I hope to keep 4 pairs.

I'm so dead.

Comment

Alan,

You did a good thing! And I'm about to follow suit, haha. Can you PM or post the details on the sale? I thought it was not happening until Black Friday?

Also, what did you order? :-)

We'll have to compare eventually...

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
                            I did a bad bad thing...

I'm so dead.
                            LOL!

Comment

Alan,

I wish I was as lucky as you, my girlfriend has set an ultimatum of if more than 1 pair arrives over a month there will be trouble. She doesn't like that I have more pairs than she does. Still hoping to grab a pair this weekend.

Comment

@washedout: I'm just going by the details in the Black Friday thread, but you can contact them right now and get a list of available shoes ahead of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X