Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going on a shoe binge! Need some help picking out some AE's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going on a shoe binge! Need some help picking out some AE's!

Ok, so I have a list of AE seconds, and I'm going to place an order. Of the list below, I would like to order 3 and keep 2.

Park Ave Walnut grain
    Malvern Brown
    Malvern Brown grain
    Hamptons brown/brown
    Quinton Brogue (brown suede)
    Player dark chocolate suede

This is the list I've already narrowed down, but I still need to remove 3 more . What are everyone's thoughts and/or opinions?
    Last edited by alan; November 20, 2012, 04:07 PM.

Some things to keep in mind about shoes I already have or don't have:
    1.) I already have both dressy (walnut) and casual (oily brown) wingtips
    2.) I don't currently own any suede shoes whatsoever
    3.) I have a pair of AE Bagleys that have the general shape of the Malvern, but with a buckle instead of laces
    4.) I don't have a pair of brown balmorals, either dressy or casual
    5.) I don't own and grain leather shoes.
    Last edited by alan; November 20, 2012, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Do you already have a walnut shoe Alan?

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
        Some things to keep in mind about shoes I already have:
        2.) I don't currently own any suede shoes whatsoever
        Get the brown suedes then! Brown suede so versatile!

Comment

Do you already have a walnut shoe Alan?
          I have a pair of walnut balmoral wingtips. So they're dressy, but in a color that's not as versatile. They're the only walnut shoes I own, though, and I do like them.
          Last edited by alan; November 20, 2012, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Get the brown suedes then! Brown suede so versatile!
            There are 3 pairs of brown suede shoes up above: Malvern, Quinton, and Players. I'm sure I'll nab at least one, but which one (or two)?
            Last edited by alan; November 20, 2012, 04:17 PM.

Comment

I have a pair of walnut balmoral wingtips. So they're dressy, but in a color that's not as versatile.
              Ah...if you already have a pair of walnut dress balmorals...maybe the park avenue isn't necessary? I have a pair of Walnut strands and find that I much prefer and can wear them in situations over my walnut plain captoes:

Comment

There are 3 pairs of brown suede shoes up above: Malvern, Quinto, and Players. I'm sure I'll nab at least one, but which one (or two)?
                Oh nice, the malvern suedes look pretty good! How much are they?

Comment

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
                  Ah...if you already have a pair of walnut dress balmorals...maybe the park avenue isn't necessary? I have a pair of Walnut strands and find that I much prefer and can wear them in situations over my walnut plain captoes:
                  A very valid point. I think they're really cool (especially since they're grain leather), but if I'm not going to wear them then what's the point, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
                    Oh nice, the malvern suedes look pretty good! How much are they?
                    For Black Friday, all the shoes listed above will be $99 each.

Comment

After thinking about it more...

I'd say go with either the brown suede malvern...or for your purposes, since you are always dressed so professionally in the elevator...the brown suede quinton since it looks to be a balamoral

As for the other shoe...Hmm...Do you not have an ankle boot yet? Either of the malvern would work then.

Comment

Definitely go for something in suede since you don't have any. I find my chocolate suede chukkas to be quite versatile and I've been eyeballing the Malvern in suede for a hot minute so that's my first recommendation. Second call would be the Quinton as that would give you another suede option and address your desire for a balmoral.

Comment

As for the other shoe...Hmm...Do you not have an ankle boot yet? Either of the malvern would work then.
                          I have ankle boots, but theyh ave a buckle instead of a strap. They're called AE Bagleys. It's hard to find pics since they've been discontinued for a very long time.

Definitely go for something in suede since you don't have any. I find my chocolate suede chukkas to be quite versatile and I've been eyeballing the Malvern in suede for a hot minute so that's my first recommendation. Second call would be the Quinton as that would give you another suede option and address your desire for a balmoral.
                          Good call.

Comment

So I'm scratching the Players and the Hamptons from the list. Just need to get rid of one more. Since the goal is to order three and return one, I'm not opposed to ordering both Malverns if it comes down to it. The Quintons look like they're in, too. So now it's down to either the brown grain Malverns or the walnut grain Park Aves. I've always been curious what it would be like to wear footballs on my feet.

Comment

I'll say this: Nothing wrong with having two pairs of chukkas. They're a super-versatile shoe and having a leather pair means you can still reach for them when it's rainy.

Comment

Working...
                              X