No announcement yet.

Desert boots, TOMS, or another casual boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Imwilson, I guess my real contribution to answering your question got lost in everything else, but I think you might have some luck with Vans. You can find some models that appear to be kind of up your alley here: http://shop.vans.com/catalog/Vans/en...hoes/surf.html

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the Vans suggestion @Shomas! I actually caught the link the first time you posted it. These look pretty great, plus I know vans are beyond durable.

I'm comfortable enough in my masculinity not to worry about if a piece of clothing looks feminine. My skinny jeans and cardigans look great thank you very much. I like the Clark's DBs, they just don't seem that exciting to me so I'm looking for other shoes that fit a similar role (like those vans!).
      Last edited by lmwilson; November 19, 2012, 05:22 PM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

@Imwilson
        I generally prefer a more tapered round toe on my footwear which is why I don't really mess with Clark's and the Tom's seem like a bit of a Franken-shoe to me. It sounds like you're aiming for a streetwear leaning aesthetic here and, keeping that in mind, I think Fred Perry makes some nice options for you which can be found at deep discounts.

6pm is running some good deals on Fred Perry footwear here http://www.6pm.com/fred-perry-mens-shoes~9 and the Byron model seems like it might be up your alley. It's also available in multiple styles so you have options.

Also, what's up with the TOMS hate, guys? They're inspired by the espadrille which is an old-school, rugged peasant shoe. I wouldn't wear TOMS, but that's mostly because I prefer the traditional rope sole look and haven't found the right pair of those for the right price quite yet.

Comment

Originally posted by lmwilson View Post
          Thanks for the Vans suggestion @Shomas! I actually caught the link the first time you posted it. These look pretty great, plus I know vans are beyond durable.

I'm comfortable enough in my masculinity not to worry about if a piece of clothing looks feminine. My skinny jeans and cardigans look great thank you very much. I like the Clark's DBs, they just don't seem that exciting to me so I'm looking for other shoes that fit a similar role (like those vans!).
          I was the same way regarding Clark's DBs. I looked around for awhile and then on a whim I went and tried on a pair and fell in love with them. They aren't the most exciting but they do go great with almost everything in my wardrobe. Those Vans look pretty sweet as well.

Comment

Working...
          X