Desert boots, TOMS, or another casual boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desert boots, TOMS, or another casual boot

Hey. I've been looking for a short, casual boot. I was considering the Clark's Desert Boot or Bushacre, but then I stumbled across these TOMS boots. I used to have a pair of TOMS I liked a lot and these seem pretty nice. So I was wondering what you guys think. Desert Boots or Bushacres? Thoughts on the TOMS? Any other suggestions?

I'm sure a lot people on here will go against the TOMS, but I actually think they're not that bad. However, out of all the shoes mentioned, I would go with the desert boots. Another to consider would be the wallabee & I'm sure many will mention the JCP boot, but I'm not a fan.
    "One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
    #StayDapper

Comment

Not really a fan of those TOMS. I would go with the Bush acres. I have 2 different pairs and am very happy with them.

Comment

Liz Lemon wears TOMS. Here's why: "Every pair you buy, they give a pair to a child who was forced to work in the factory that makes these shoes."

I'm not a fan of the TOMS slipper made of Columbian hospital bandages look. Bushacres or Desert boots are by far the better picks. Just think, what would James Bond do?

Comment

No man should ever wear TOMS

Comment

Comments noted. My style is more casual than someone trying to be a secret agent, so the TOMS work with my look. Not for everyone maybe, but I'm considering them. (plus when you work for non-profits they kind of boost your "humanitarian-cred")

The other jcp boots seem too formal for what I'm looking for, but thanks for the mention! Any other suggestions? I've been having trouble finding anything similar that doesn't seem totally flimsy to incredibly overpriced.

Comment

Originally posted by lmwilson View Post
              Comments noted. My style is more casual than someone trying to be a secret agent, so the TOMS work with my look. Not for everyone maybe, but I'm considering them. (plus when you work for non-profits they kind of boost your "humanitarian-cred")

The other jcp boots seem too formal for what I'm looking for, but thanks for the mention! Any other suggestions? I've been having trouble finding anything similar that doesn't seem totally flimsy to incredibly overpriced.
              You can dress casual, comfortable, well, and like a secret agent all at the same time and all without being the TOMS guy.

(He's wearing Zara desert boots)

Comment

As I said before...I figured most would deter u from the TOMS, but everyone has their own style. Not one person's style is the blueprint for someone else's. If u like the TOMS best, go with them. I feel like the desert boots would last longer & be more versatile, but don't let others sway your mind just because they can't pull the look off themselves.
                #StayDapper

Comment

I think lots of guys here defer to the Desert Boot but I think you should wear what you like and what is comfortable based on the context in which you're wearing them. My brother-in-law rocks Toms and he likes them. From a style perspective, they are not my thing.

IMHO - We should all keep in mind, this is a "style" forum not a "brand" forum. If you don't like the "style" of Toms that is one thing, but let's keep it in that perspective as opposed correlating "brand" preference to one's lifestyle choices.
                  Last edited by jputman08; November 19, 2012, 11:41 AM.

Comment

I think the TOMS are ugly so I'd go with the desert boots. It's your call though.

Comment

This is a warning to posters in this thread who have become aggressive in the manner in which they communicate their stylistic preferences. Please tone it down. Thank you.

Comment

And yes, I was being unfair to the brand but not intentionally. I was speaking strictly about their flagship shoe. When I think of TOMS, I think of their flagship shoe, the little canvass slipper.

Comment

There is a difference between stating an opinion once, and stating it repeatedly in an attempt to ensure that yours is the only opinion heard. Having an opinion is wonderful, but please respect the opinions of others.

Comment

Thanks @bruschetta...that was needed
                            #StayDapper

Comment

I'm comfortable enough in my masculinity not to worry about clothing you might consider feminine. My skinny jeans and cardigans look great thank you very much.

Just looking out for some suggestions of boots that would fit a similar role. I like the Clark's boots, but they just don't seem that exciting to me.

Originally posted by Shomas
                              you may find something you like from Vans as well. Check out the shoes here: http://shop.vans.com/catalog/Vans/en...hoes/surf.html
                              These looks pretty great. Maybe a little tiny bit of traction on the soles too(maybe). Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

Working...
                              X