No announcement yet.

Meermin webstore now online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you went a full size down from your US size like their site recommends? 0.5 down would have been too large?

Comment

I have ordered 3 pairs and because of my concerns I have asked for a insole where I can trace my feet. They did recommend 9.5 for me in the HIRO last. I am a 10.5 D in US sizes
      Last edited by sean_anon; July 8, 2013, 06:44 PM.

Comment

I bought two pairs. One from the classic line on the olfe last, which I went a full size down (I am a US 9.5D, I ordered 8.5UK) and it fits perfect. The other is from the Linea Maestro line on the New Rey last. They recommended half a size down, so I ordered a 9UK. While the overall fit is sort of fine, it is a bit loose even when laced. since I like the classic line more, I am fixing to return the LM shoe. I was planning on taking some pics to compare it to a pair of strands, figured that might be informative.
        Last edited by technojinn; July 9, 2013, 02:18 AM.

Comment

I got mine, 9.5 fits like a 10.5.

The boots i got are awesome, VERY comfy and I haven't had any issues with rubbing on heels for me Toe box is roomy. I might just buy boots in the future. Ive worn the boots 3 times in the past 4 days for Calgary Stampede as well.

The Monks hurt a little bit first wear but only wore them once.

Comment

shad0w, which boots did you get? I may end up walking a lot more in the snow this winter, so I'm thinking about getting a pair (or two) of dress boots. I was considering the tan country calf, as the AEs seem to have a beefier rubber sole than I'd like.

Comment

The exact ones you mentioned.
              http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=4080

Decent layer of rubber, probably 2mm

Comment

Here are some pics.

From left to right: Strands, Meermin, Larchmont, Fifth Street.

Meermin 12153 - CALF MARRÓN (Olfe Last, Size 8.5UK) VS AE Larchmont (3-333 Last, Size 9E)

Meermin 12153 - CALF MARRÓN (Olfe Last, Size 8.5UK) VS BB Fifth Street (5 Last, Size 9.5D)

Comment

nice pics - so whats the verdict? Whats the better buy at $200? what if money is no issue?

Comment

That Larchmont has a pretty nice shape or AE. I will have to see if that last is used on other shoes. The Fifth St IMO is a bit too bulbous

Comment

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I this seems to be the biggest repository of Meermin comments so I figured I'd post here. I went through a ton of back-and-forth on the risk of ordering shoes from Europe without being able to try them out first, so I hope this helps someone. I recently ordered a pair of the Tan Country Tan Oxfords because I really liked the pebble grain leather and seem to be gravitating towards a lighter brown color in shoes, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of options at a reasonable price. That, and I finally decided that, while I like the AE Fifth Streets, I'm not really all that into boots. These arrived in less than a week (must have been in stock), and first impressions are good for the price.

I wear a size 8D in AE on both the 8-last (Hale) and the 5-last (Park Ave, Neumok, Kennilworth, Fifth Street), and ordered a size 7 (UK) in the Meermins. In the AEs, an 8D leaves a slight-to-moderate V between the eyelets and occasionally pinches my pinky toes on the 5-last. The Meermins, which are on the Hiro last, are a little roomier at the pinky toe, but seem to be built for a larger volume foot (I have a fairly "flat" foot) - there's no space between the eyelets and I am considering putting in a pair of tongue pads as the leather stretches. Sizing overall seems to be a little looser, but not a half-size looser so I think it was the best size for me. Comfort was not an issue the one time I wore them.

To my untrained eye, the material seems to be in the same ballpark as AE, but the consistency left something to be desired, as the cap toes are at a mismatched angle, to the point that I think most people in the forum would recommend exchanging it. But honestly, I would never have noticed without spent so much time reading this forum, and I don't notice when I'm wearing them. Plus (and this is the real reason), the shipping to and from Spain is really expensive, so it's something I'm willing to live with. When I ordered the shoes, the worst case scenario in my head was that the fit would be way off, and I'd be throwing away $230, so I think it turned out reasonably well.

Comment

They look very nice. Even if you intend to keep them, you should take a pic and send it to them - they may offer a discount on a future pair! Honestly at that price, they should be pretty perfect, but as long as you're happy, its all good!

Comment

I can't even see the angle thing you mentioned.

If you order from Meermin the more you order the cheaper shipping is of course, same with shoepassion, etc.
                          Heck AE cost $40 in shipping, from half the distance

Comment

Working...
                          X