Advice on Boot Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on Boot Style

I need some help... I'm looking to buy a nice pair of boots this Christmas, and could use some advice on picking out a style. For whatever reason, I'm kind of drawn to the Red Wing 6" Moc Toe boots. I tried on a pair at Nordstrom, and they felt extremely comfortable and well built, and looked good with the jeans I had on that day. My dilemma is that I would like to be able to wear them with a pair of chinos also, and I'm not sure if they will look that great, since they are pretty rugged looking.

Would I be better off going with a different style like an Iron Ranger, or Beckman? I do really like both of those models as well. I've got my eye on the JCrew Chippewas also, as another option.

I have the Beckmans, and wear them to work all the time, I think they look really good with chinos (and others have complemented them as well). They are clearly boots, and they have a bit of rubber tread, but they strike a really nice balance. If the moc toes you are referring to are the ones I'm picturing, they do look a bit chunky.

A few guys on here have the Iron Ranger and seem to like them. Depending on exactly why you want boots, there are other options (Wolverine 1000 mile, Allen Edmonds Daltons, Alden 403 or 405).

Comment

Working...
    X