Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diversification
    replied
    That's more along the lines of what I expected. Thanks for the info!

Leave a comment:

• jputman08
    replied
    Originally posted by diversification View Post
    Thanks for the info, but can you tell us what size the shirt you're trying on is? Also, can you please comment on the neck size and arm length?
    The shirt is a Large. I'm usually a 16.5'' neck and 35-36" sleeve. The neck fits like a true 16.5" and the sleeve length lands at the correct spot on my wrist when my arms are at my sides. I'd say 35 on the sleeve length.

Leave a comment:

• diversification
    replied
    Originally posted by jputman08 View Post
    We're similar (6'2'' 210, 42 chest) in size. I specifically got their "Slim" shirt and it fit pretty well. You may/may not like the length at 6'3''. See fit here:

http://i.imgur.com/l0Fwu.jpg
    Thanks for the info, but can you tell us what size the shirt you're trying on is? Also, can you please comment on the neck size and arm length?

Leave a comment:

• jputman08
    replied
    Originally posted by sierra.alpha View Post
    I tried some of the Factory shirts during my visits to their outlet store last year, and I did not like the fit. (6 3 , 195lbs,42 chest , 33 waist,33/34 sleeve)
    I like the Calibrate Trim Fit that Joe had in one of his previous posts much better, and I was able to find those in my local Rack for under $30.
    We're similar (6'2'' 210, 42 chest) in size. I specifically got their "Slim" shirt and it fit pretty well. You may/may not like the length at 6'3''. See fit here:

http://i.imgur.com/l0Fwu.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Dave Porter
    replied
    Originally posted by goterps View Post
    Dave, does yours say "tailored fit" at the top like the picture linked here? http://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothi...4182/24182.jsp

Its a bit strange, but the one I picked up today in the factory store matches the "slim fit" picture, but has the SKU of the regular fit.
    Yes, it does say tailored fit.

Leave a comment:

• sierra.alpha
    replied
    I tried some of the Factory shirts during my visits to their outlet store last year, and I did not like the fit. (6 3 , 195lbs,42 chest , 33 waist,33/34 sleeve)
    I like the Calibrate Trim Fit that Joe had in one of his previous posts much better, and I was able to find those in my local Rack for under $30.

Leave a comment:

• ColoradoGuy
    replied
    Just got mine today. I'm 6 feet 180, with a 33 waist and 42 in suit jackets. The medium fits me just fine -- not particularly snug, but certainly not baggy. I prefer my shirts fitted, yet I probably won't take this shirt to the tailor. Sure, I could possibly nip it an inch or two at the waist, but it doesn't really need it.

Leave a comment:

• tteason
    replied
    http://imgur.com/em8Yg.jpg

Here's the small. It fits me very comfortably through the chest which probably means I'm much smaller than I'm used to these days.

Leave a comment:

• Acousticfoodie
    replied
    I've got factory shirts in small and medium. Bought smalls initially, which I can wear without tailoring, but it's a little tight in the chest and not as comfy. I only buy medium now and have it tailored in the waist. Measurement: 39.5 chest 28 waist.

Leave a comment:

• goterps
    replied
    Dave, does yours say "tailored fit" at the top like the picture linked here? http://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothi...4182/24182.jsp

Its a bit strange, but the one I picked up today in the factory store matches the "slim fit" picture, but has the SKU of the regular fit.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Porter
    replied
    Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
    I understand the thinness part of it, but not sure how someone who is close to 6" fitting in to a small length wise, both the body and the sleeves.
    I have this shirt in a Medium. I am 6 feet 175, with long arms. I think it fits well. Almost every shirts needs tailoring. I just wear it for layering. I wouldn't get smaller than a M.

Leave a comment:

• Vicious49
    replied
    Originally posted by Lib View Post
    People have different body types. That and it seems like JCrew factory stuff is a little inconsistent in sizing between garments.
    I understand the thinness part of it, but not sure how someone who is close to 6" fitting in to a small length wise, both the body and the sleeves.

Leave a comment:

• Lib
    replied
    Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
    I'm not sure how you guys are ordering such small sizes.
    People have different body types. That and it seems like JCrew factory stuff is a little inconsistent in sizing between garments.

Leave a comment:

• Vicious49
    replied
    I'm not sure how you guys are ordering such small sizes. I'm 5'8" 160 lbs and I wear a medium from JCF. The body of the shirt is about an inch longer than I'd like, but everything else fits me fine. A smaller size wouldn't be able to button over my chest.

Leave a comment:

• 2ndname
    replied
    I'm in the same boat. Can't really figure out if I'm a small or a med. I ended up ordering a set of both small and med. will try them on and keep the ones that fits me well. I always had an issue purchasing sizes that were too big for me in the past, Asian mentality handed down to me from my mom from way back when...ahaha.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X