Wedding attire *HELP WANTED*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wedding attire *HELP WANTED*

Ok so I have an Outdoor Wedding to attend (immediate family's) in 2 days. Now its pretty casual, nothing fancy. Where I reside the

weather is still warm out at this time. About 90 degrees actually that day. So my attire I have chosen is Seersucker suit from INC. I

need an opinion on the outfit from the attached link. The suit color is grey on white. So when I've tried it on with a white button up

shirt, it just blends way too much. As you can see from the pics, it's a very subtle grey, from a distance hard to notice. So i chose a

baby blue shirt from express, with a busy tie. I think it looks pretty good, but im stuck on the pocket square. I have a white

handkerchief in it at the moment ( thats all i have), but am wondering what color should i pull out of the tie to try and match on in

store. Should i not do pocket square? In the album (link) I've also added the belt and loafers I will be wearing with the outfit.

I skipped the white bucks with the suit (they say thats traditional).

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

(*fingers crossed* hope the link works, first time linking from picasaweb)

https://picasaweb.google.com/1048294...Njmz_Sl17GGjQE

hmmm...hate to throw a wrench in here, but i think a different tie might make things easier on you. the plaid silk seems a little formal to me, which might work at cross purposes with the seersucker. have you considered a solid cotton tie? the texture could give the shirt/tie combo some depth while keeping things a little cooler temperature-wise. either way, i don't think a pocket square is really necessary with seersucker.

Comment

I'll throw you another option. depending on how casual it is, skip the tie all together, and throw in a different color pastel pocket square. pink, lavender, mint green, yellow, whatever.

I agree though, I might go with a different tie. otherwise I dig the suit and the shoes, I think not going with white bucks was a good choice.

Comment

Well I do have a couple cotton ties, I tried it with a brown tie, which is the same shade brown as shoes and belt. Also tried it with a cotton grey tie. Now granted I only tried it with this baby blue shirt. They didnt seem to look right.

Any suggestions on shirt color & solid tie color to use with the rest of the outfit? I'd like to keep the suit, belt, and shoes

Comment

i agree - a grey tie might not work well with that shade of blue. how about a solid light pink shirt? that could work with either the brown or the grey tie. or if you want to keep the shirt you've already chosen, how would you feel about pairing it with a navy knit tie?

Comment

I want to give a run back to Bens initial response. i saw the outfit and first thing that came to mind especially thinking about the weather, is to go sans tie. The fact your gonig to an outdoor wedding means casual by design. I am not a real fan of that shirt either, it doesnt look like a regualr button down, is it a rancher shirt? From the looks of that pocket and the design near the yoke, it would throw your whole outfit off, a southern gent with a texas twang! LOL. I like the loafers and belt, they are both casual, so keep your entire outfit casual. No tie unbutton two (pushing it but youl be comfortable and chicks will check you out. Color wise i would recommend a pale blue of pale lavender and maybe a green or red PS.

I apologize for ripping that apart, but it seems like you want to be formal but casual, but i would just go casual, weather and venue allow you to do so.

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
            I>0<I

Comment

ya its the express TX8 shirt with front pockets. They wouldn't be showing actually because of my jacket. I'll have to re-think the shirt at my local mall after work today. thanks for the input.

Comment

I think it's tough for us to suggest colors for a tie since you need to use what you have, or run around and find something local that matches. How about posting pics of ties that you think may work, tucked into the suit and shirt?

The tie I would wear, but I'm bias since I just bought it:

http://www.thetiebar.com/order_page.asp?pn=23457

EDIT, re-read the part about being informal. Can't disagree with Max or Ben. I just came back from an outdoor, early evening wedding in TX. I arrived in a suit and tie and was way overdressed. Most men didn't even have jackets much less ties. Agree that you should ditch the tie and throw in a PS. Personally I would always wear a jacket of some kind to a wedding unless it's something crazy unconventional.

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

@ Tat, sounds funny, but take the jacket with you. Whatever you try make sure it meshes with the jacket on. When your in the mirror and look at the outfit, look at it quickly to see if anything looks off about color mainly the shirt cuz your not changing the jacket. if at a glance it looks nice take a long look at it and see if you feel confident in the color. Gray is neutral so you can play with the shirt and PS. I say blue or lavender becasue of the belt and loafers, but i think alot of pastel colors would work well

I>0<I

Comment

I think i may just take the jacket with me to my local Macy's

Ill just look for a few different options. Pastel Color shirts, and then once I find a shirt that will work on its own, I can then try and find a tie that will accent it nicely yet still keeping it casual. And if time persists, find a PS to wear with the shirt alone if that is the route I decide on.

Thanks for the help fellas. Much appreciated!

Comment

Yacko, that tie looks awesome. I'm going to be my brother's sponsor for his confirmation (catholic sacrament) in November. I want to base my whole outfit off that tie. Brown suit, white shirt, that tie, and a baby blue pocket square to match that stripe on the tie.

Comment

UPDATE: So the wedding was last night and I took the advice from all you guys that left me feedback and I wanted to send an updated picture from last night.

https://picasaweb.google.com/104829482593742007184/WIWT?authkey=Gv1sRgCPSqveDTq_3mcw#5658953382002687 538

Suit: INC seersucker Grey on White

Shirt: Club Room Slim Fit Soft Green

Tie: Vintage Tommy Hilfiger slim 3'' tie

Tiebar: Geoffrey Bean

PS: Club Room Silk Navy

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE HELP!

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Nice, i like the soft green on grey, very sharp man. WELL DONE!

I>0<I

Comment

how do the sides look on the club room slim fit Tat?

I>0<I

Comment

Working...
                              X