Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone washed their Target Kensington blazer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone washed their Target Kensington blazer?

Was thinking of washing mine to soften it just a bit but I don't want it to shrink and I don't want it to come out a wrinkled mess that will require lots of ironing. Obviously, use cold water and low heat to dry but I'm still wondering what to expect.

Originally posted by Montag311 View Post
    Was thinking of washing mine to soften it just a bit but I don't want it to shrink and I don't want it to come out a wrinkled mess that will require lots of ironing. Obviously, use cold water and low heat to dry but I'm still wondering what to expect.
    I don't have that blazer, but I've attempted to wash another simple cotton blazer. In the end, it came out fine, but it took a lot of steam and ironing to make it happen. I would say it didn't soften it that much (I was really more concerned with getting it clean, though). I've had better luck softening them up just by wearing them for hours at a time. A couple hours a night while at your computer or watching TV, for example.

Comment

I was actually going to ask this same question today...I'd like to get the Kensington but the M is way too small and the large is a little big. I was wondering if I would get any shrinkage with a wash and dry?

Comment

It will definitely be wrinkled. Let it hang dry and then heavily steam it when it's close to being dry. If you want, take it to the cleaners for them to professionally steam to get alllll the wrinkles out.

If you want to shrink it, you're gonna need to dry it. I recommend a low tumble dry. It will just slightly shrink it, but not to where it becomes a size smaller.
        "One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
        #StayDapper

Comment

Reviving this thread because I just performed this experiment today. I simply threw my navy Kensington in the washer and dried it as I typically would any load of laundry. My goal, like hamm23, was to shrink my sz L down a bit so it fit a little more snug. I plan on upgrading to a nicer navy blazer here in the next couple of months so I was willing to risk it with this one. Surprisingly, the jacket came out looking almost exactly as it did before I washed it! It may have shrunk a tiny bit, but not even as much as I hoped for. Hardly any wrinkles at all...although I'll probably go over it quickly with an iron. So for you guys wondering...yes, the Merona Kensington washes and dries very well on regular settings with minimal shrinkage.

Comment

Great to know. Mine's also due for a cleaning soon. Thanks for the report .

Comment

No problem. I must say, I was quite surprised at the results.

Comment

Working...
              X