What Size Shirt Should I Order from J.Crew Factory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Size Shirt Should I Order from J.Crew Factory

I am looking to get this shirt: http://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothi...3gf3aW9sxsYItw but I am a little worried that even the small size will not be slim enough. But do I "size-down" to an XS? I feel like that is crazy. I am about 6 feet tall.

Any thoughts on this?

if the fit is anything like the jcrew regular, I'd stick with slim. I'm a S slim in jcrew and trying the classic fit XS is akin to a skinny rectangle, tighter, but not in a good way.

Comment

I know this may not exactly answer your "slimness" question, but this may give you an idea of what sizes you should comfortably be able to fit into (this is from a comment I left on a Dappered article from a few months ago):

"A Medium is a 15-151/2 in the neck (in at least the Haberdashery shirts, the neck size is listed on the tag but as far as I know this rule applies to all Men's long sleeve Factory shirts that come in standard sizes) and a 34-35 in the sleeves. To know any of the sizes add or subtract an inch in both neck and sleeve. So, a Large is a 16-161/2 Neck and a 35-36 Sleeve and a Small is a 14-141/2 Neck and a 33-34 Sleeve."

So in comparing the sizes of the two, a Small is a 14-141/2 neck with a 33-34 sleeve and an extra small would be a 13-131/2 neck with a 32-33 sleeve. If the measurements of the neck and sleeve work for you, then sizing down would likely help get you a slimmer cut.

As goterps mentioned, I know when I worked at a J. Crew Factory over the summer, we did have "slim fit" washed shirts, but if I recall correctly, they tended to be different patterns than what was found in the regular washed shirts.

Comment

What are your other measurements? I wear smalls pretty much across the board in J Crew Factory with their regular fit at 6'1" and 155lbs. 37R in the chest and 34" inseam, so pretty much all legs here. I haven't tried the slim fits since they don't carry them at my local, but I actually sized up earlier this week when I ordered a slim fit dress shirt. I figured it might be easier to get a medium slim fit tailored in than a small slim fit taken out.

Comment

I've just got a jcrew factory medium shirt. I'm 6'2, 180lbs and wear 15.5 34/35 shirts. While the shirt is by no means slim, there's much less billow than you get with most of the other regular shirts that you'd try. Take that as you will.

Comment

I'm with darth. J Crew lists their measurements for their respective sizes and they are pretty tts. I'm 5'11" 160 lbs, 39" chest. A small just doesn't fit right at the shoulders and across the chest for me. I personally go for a medium and tailor it down. It all depends on your measurements though.

Comment

Working...
            X