Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have experience with Land's End dress shirting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have experience with Land's End dress shirting?

I need to refresh my dress shirt collection in the worst way and LE looks like a solid option both in terms of price and the fact that they offer neck and sleeve measurements. However, can anyone attest to their quality? I'm looking at their tailored fit options in oxford cloth and brushed cottons specifically. Fully expecting some post-purchase tailoring so out of the box fit is not a huge deal to me as long as the shoulder seams line up. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by TomasR View Post
    I need to refresh my dress shirt collection in the worst way and LE looks like a solid option both in terms of price and the fact that they offer neck and sleeve measurements. However, can anyone attest to their quality? I'm looking at their tailored fit options in oxford cloth and brushed cottons specifically. Fully expecting some post-purchase tailoring so out of the box fit is not a huge deal to me as long as the shoulder seams line up. Thanks in advance.
    I actually just received my order and I'm pleasantly surprised. What I'm interested in is if and how much they'll shrink after the first wash. I'll take some shots tonight.

Comment

I have 1 shirt, it's not the nicest fabric or anything but it doesn't wrinkle much, easy care, colour has stayed quite vibrant after a few washes(it's a purple with white windowpane type pattern) I did get it for $18 so it's a VERY good deal at that price Charles Tyrwhitt fabric is much nicer.

After Alan posting his pics and saying they were LE, I will be ordering some non iron's when they are on sale and have them taken in.

Comment

I've ordered shirts from LE on several occassions, and I've kept about half. Maybe just under half. I was specifically unimpressed with their oxford cloth options. However, I've had better success with their non-iron poplins and pinpoints. If you're familiar with Roundtree & Yorke (Dillards store brand), they're of similar quality, IMO. Maybe just sliiiiiightly below that, but worth it for the price when they're on sale or clearance.

As for shrinkage, I have one or two where the arms have receeded by a half inch or so, but I always wash my whites in the hottest water possible so I have nobody but myself to blame.

And if you hate them, just return them to Sears for a refund. If you can get a free shipping code, there's really no harm in checking them out.

Comment

@alan
          Thanks for the input. The return to Sears option makes this especially tempting.

@shadow4life
          I've been meaning to check out CT's shirts. They have locations here in NYC so I'll add them to my dress shirt reconnaissance list.

Comment

I second the CT shirt recommendation. My go to shirts are all CT. Their tailored fit is quite good.

On topic, LEC has a better slimmer fit. Overall have had decent success with sizing. LE on the other hand hasnt been as great. Even their tailored fit isnt all too slim. The worst part is they have very baggy sleeves. Like VERY baggy. I have ordered 3 LE dress shirts and sent 2 of them back. 1 I sized down significantly on, and I cant button the collar as a result, but it is only a more casual buttondown I use for layering underneath stuff anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X