Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allen Edmonds Dalton Question and Resoling

Hey all,

Have a couple of questions, 2 pertaining specifically to the AE Dalton, and one more general. Does anyone know how the Dalton might fit in comparison to the McTavish, Park Ave, or the Byron? My feet are pretty wide at the toes, but significantly narrower at the heel, so finding shoes that fit well can sometimes be a bit difficult. Additionally, the shoebank said that Dalton seconds would be $299, still out of my price range. Anyone know if seconds or even first will be significantly cheaper come black friday?

And my non-dalton related question: how much does it usually cost to put vibram or other rubber sole on a shoe? I love my McTavish and treat it pretty rough, so I think a rubber sole might extend its longevity (and save me a fall or two in the rain). I would also like to put a dainite or maybe even a thicker rubber sole on the dalton if i were to get it.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Can't speak to the fit of the Dalton, but putting a quality vibram sole on shouldn't cost you more than $60 or so at a good cobbler's shop.

Comment

I just got a pair of them on sale at the shoebank for 220. Can't speak for BF, but they should be back down at that price before too long.

Comment

McTavish, Players are both on the 5 last which is long and narrow. Dalton is on a 7 which is wider with a rounder toe. So in general the Dalton will be a "bigger" shoe.
        Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

I ordered a pair of Long Branch boots (which are the same as Daltons but with a Vibram sole) in the same size as my AEs built on a 5 last (Park Avenue, Strand, McAllister). I'm not sure how they'll fit, but I went into the store to try on a narrower width and same length as my other AEs and they were too tight. With the same width and half size longer in length, the width was fine but length was too long. So I placed an order with the same size as my other AEs hoping that they'll fit just right when I get them in, since they didn't have that size in the store I went to. I would go to a store to try them on if you can. Both the online rep and the in-store rep told me to try on a different size compared to my 5 last shoes and that didn't end up working too well.

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys! Definitely think I might see if I can find a cobbler here that can throw a vibram sole on my McTavish pair.

Mugen, Hadn't actually considered the Long Branch before, but definitely giving it a hard look now. Let me know how yours end up fitting. Sadly, my ability to check out the AE store is a bit limited as I am currently living in Istanbul. I was hoping to snag my pair of boots if there was a great black friday/cyber monday deal, but may have to put that off to the future and just try them on in person the next time I am stateside.

Comment

Working...
            X