Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lapel Flowers

Hey guys

Do any of you wear lapel flowers on your jacket lapel? I receive TONS of compliments on them.

While I admit the lapel accessory is more on the fringe of fashion then, say a pocket square or tie bar, it does a whole lot more than any of those (when worn the right way).

I own a few lapels from the knottery and hook and albert... But I just bought a few lapel Circles online from Vivarati and --- WOW. I had never seen a lapel circle before, but I have been wearing them now for a few days now and they look really great (and so many people tell me!), that I have to recommend them. They are priced at $12 each (which is more than the knottery but way less than hook and albert).

Does anyone have any tips with regards to matching colors of lapel flowers/ circles to their shirts?

Those Vivarati circles look fun. I have a few lapel pins from Vanda that I'll wear occasionally.
    http://vandafineclothing.com/store/l...apel-pins.html (Vanda's ties and pocket squares are awesome too!)
    I also have a few felt flowers that were made by "Mr. K" on StyleForum. Send him a PM over there if you're interested.

Comment

http://artofmanliness.com/2010/07/09...re-buttonhole/

This is probably one of the better sources I've come across about boutonnieres. I've always liked the looks of a good boutonniere but if you don't have the lapel hole on your jackets opened and reinforced (as shown in the Art of Manliness article) it's a little hard to do it regularly and not spend a great deal of time pinning them to your jacket.

Comment

I think they look really awesome and are a fun detail. I always, always get compliments on mine, in particular, from women. It's a great ice breaker, getting a compliment from a woman...
        "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Another thing I saw recently on someone's jacket in the WIWT thread....two silk knots (usually used to keep french cuffs together) pushed through the hole. It was a very cool looking small pop of color...Kudos to the gent who did this. Unfortunately I can't recall who it was....
          "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

I wish vanadas shipping wasn't same price as the flowers, very pretty! If they get more in stock I may order a few and stop whining

Comment

Lapel Circles

Originally posted by Sigtweed Corduroy View Post
              I think they look really awesome and are a fun detail. I always, always get compliments on mine, in particular, from women. It's a great ice breaker, getting a compliment from a woman...
              Exactly!

You should know, that these lapel circles look so good. The lapel flower could come across as gimmicky at times, but the circle looks so unique!
              Everyone always asking where I got it from....

Comment

Great link! Nice read...

Comment

I wear Knottery felted flowers and pins quite often. Girls, as has been mentioned, love the flowers - was glad I had a pink one to wear to a breast cancer fund rasier a couple weeks ago. I also wear a lot of lapel pins. I have a couple that are distinct objects like a Shag skull, an anchor, some tiny coat of arms, etc... but I also really like country roundels. England's roundel, and to an extent Italy's, are quite common and add a pop of color but you can also search on eBay and get them for a variety of countries in different schemes.

I haven't done this yet, but if you search for flowers on Etsy you can get a lot of interesting stuff for cheap. For example, searching felt flowers I found ones very similar to what the Knottery offers, less than $20 for 30 shipped: http://www.etsy.com/listing/81717680...earch_type=all

You would, of course, have to sew the button onto the back or whatever other method you may devise to keep it on. I spent A LOT of flowers from the knottery, wish I'd at least experimented with that first.

Comment

Every now and then I wear this one. And usually always get a compliment. Got from eBay for about $15.

"One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
                    #StayDapper

Comment

Working...
                    X