Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What pants to go w this black velvety cord jacket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What pants to go w this black velvety cord jacket?

I bought this sportcoat from STP at a great price and love it, but for the life of me, I can't find a pair of pants in my closet that work with it. My 501 shrink to fit jeans didn't work (black and blue issue), nor did my Dockers (too insubstantial), nor did anything. So: anyone have any suggestions? I do have a sizable gift cert at Bonobos, if you know of anything there. And, if you don't have anything specific in mind, perhaps some general recommendations (short of: return jacket to STP!) would be in order. Thanks.

It needs a little color - also, I'd prefer to dress it up then down, since the point lapels make that easy.

Unbuttoned Point or Spread Collar Shirt, Black Dress Shoes, Black Belt, Slim Chinos.

Keep 1 of the Chinos or shirt light, the other loud. Red pants? White Shirt. Tartan shirt? Light Grey Chinos. Personally, I'd prefer the loud pants, but that's me.

Also, jeans would totally work with it so long as they were noticeably blue as opposed to so dark they're almost black

Comment

You really could go either way with this jacket, I personally think it would go great with a nice dark pair of jeans and black dress shoes.

Comment

Grey chinos or dark denim to be conservative. I think something in a steel blue or forest green could work.

Comment

I have some grey jeans that might go pretty well with this jacket.

Comment

Thanks guys. Very helpful.
            hon140: you are right on w/ your suggestions. i ditched the 501s and dug up a pair of older lighter faded jeans ... and they look great ... especially when i'm wearing a loud orange shirt under the jacket. Next up: trying orange pants. unfortunately, the only pair i have are corduroy but, hey, black and orange cord just might be crazy enuf to work. thanks again all!

Comment

Working...
            X