Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jake89
    replied
    Just a FYI- Cole Haan has been sold by Nike to another company (Apex)- expect a further quality to drop.

Leave a comment:

• printyra
    replied
    Originally posted by somaticmarker1 View Post
    Cole Haan shoes aren't necessarily poor quality as much as they are substantially overpriced for what they are. I would compare the actual quality to the DSW stores brands (Mike Konos, Mercanti Fiorentini), Giorgio Brutini, Calibrate, etc. However, Cole Haan shoes are typically $50-100 more than those brands. For what Cole Haan, you a better off saving a little more and buying a quality shoe like Allen Edmonds. Essentially Cole Haan shoes are of minimally acceptable quality that are over priced for what they are.

I agree. I have several Mercanti Fiorentini pairs. I like their shoes a lot and feel the quality is not bad at all for $125-150. I dont think I would pay much more than that though. Once you are above $150, you should consider buying Meermin or Allen Edmonds seconds.

Leave a comment:

• SDot
    replied
    Agree with @Sigtweed. I have had much luck with Cole Haan's. No, they are the best shoe out there, but they are good quality. Also, they're very comfortable. Currently own the Air Colton's, but in the past have had two pair of their casual shoes...can't remember the name tho.

Leave a comment:

• VespaMatt
    replied
    I am a convert of liking Cole Haan, where I used to think they were horrible. They are overpriced at regular price, like most have said. I think the quality is fine and the fit and styling is quote good, contemporary.

I've got:
    2x Air Grant Driving Moccasin: One pair in mango 'suede' and one in papaya normal leather. Both fit and have held up great. The suede is a really rough, almost no nap texture that I like. No abnormal wear & tear in either. The 'Air' technology really doesn't add anything. I got them at the Cole Haan outlet for $65 each vs $148 list price.
    'Paul' Chukka: My go to walking boot. It has a rubber sole so I wear these in any kind of weather and its my go to shoe if I know I'll be walking a lot on pavement. Leather texture is rough so it hides blemishes/scuffs well. Has worn extremely well and has no abnormal wear & tear. Got these for $129 during the Nordstrom sale vs $199 list price.
    Alligator Emboss Loafer: Got these at Nordstrom rack. They are fine quality, embossed leather - made to look like Alligator or croc. I don't wear these a lot so its hard to say too much about the quality, but they seem fine. Don't remember how much I paid but it was probably around $60-$80 at Nordstrom rack.
    Brown Leather Oxfords: These were my first pair of Cole Haans. I have to say, they look like crap. The leather creased horribly somewhat early on and the leather has cracked near the welt. I get compliments on how 'worn' they look and do polish them, threw some colored laces on them and such. To me the quality on them is pretty bad BUT I got them at Nordstrom Rack for about $60-$80 so I think it would be difficult to say I didn't get my money out of them. However, I think as far as dress shoes go, its better to spend money on something nicer that will last longer.

Leave a comment:

• bennynojets
    replied
    I have bought 3 pairs of Cole Haan oxfords over the past 2 years, all on sale. Two of the pairs have been great. The one draw back is that the soles seem to wear quickly. I used their in-house restoration service to re-sole the pair that I wear the most (this took 2 tries to get right, but now they are like new again). The third pair has turned out to be junk. I have had for less than a year, and the glue job is coming undone, the soles are worn down, and the left shoe squeaks. I wear these shoes 1-2 days a week for my desk job. My future shoes will be Allen Edmonds.

Leave a comment:

• Sigtweed Corduroy
    replied
    I respectfully disagree, I've had good luck with Cole Haan and love their styling. What are your expectations for a $150 shoe? I mean I think price to quality expectations have gotten somewhat out of whack.

If you are in the market for something in the $300 range I'd look elsewhere, but it depends on what style you are after and what price range.

Leave a comment:

• Fred G. Unn
    replied
    Originally posted by somaticmarker1 View Post
    However, Cole Haan shoes are typically $50-100 more than those brands. For what Cole Haan, you a better off saving a little more and buying a quality shoe like Allen Edmonds. Essentially Cole Haan shoes are of minimally acceptable quality that are over priced for what they are.
    +1. My current general rule is I won't spend over $100 on glued shoes. If they are under $100 and you like them then get them and enjoy them. If they are over $100 you are much better off getting something from the AE Shoebank for only a little more $$$. If they are over $150 I certainly would not get them.

Leave a comment:

• tomservo
    replied
    They're okay. Like Aldo they make a decent shoe but are more known for name recognition than quality product. Definitely don't buy anything full priced, but they can be a good value with the right deal.

Edited to add: Somaticmarker is spot on regarding quality comparisons.
    Last edited by tomservo; November 14, 2012, 10:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• somaticmarker1
    replied
    Cole Haan shoes aren't necessarily poor quality as much as they are substantially overpriced for what they are. I would compare the actual quality to the DSW stores brands (Mike Konos, Mercanti Fiorentini), Giorgio Brutini, Calibrate, etc. However, Cole Haan shoes are typically $50-100 more than those brands. For what Cole Haan, you a better off saving a little more and buying a quality shoe like Allen Edmonds. Essentially Cole Haan shoes are of minimally acceptable quality that are over priced for what they are.

Leave a comment:

• printyra
    replied
    I've never owned their products. I have gone in their stores and looked at their shoes. They dont feel like a high quality product. I have no interest in buying their products.

Leave a comment:

• jake89
    started a topic Any thoughts on Cole Haan?

Any thoughts on Cole Haan?

Thinking about getting a pair of Cole Haan loafs..i've heard rumours that their quality is not what it once was.
    Any thoughts on quality and sizing?
    thanks
Working...
X