Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing body sizes - stop buying clothing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing body sizes - stop buying clothing?

Hi,
    Wow new look to the forum!
    Curious to know if anyone else is dealing with shifting body sizes (losing weight or gaining).
    I've been working out for a while, and I would describe my body shape previously as being on the slim size (not pencil thin though).
    But after working out out now for a bit..I;ve noticed the following:
    Pants: mostly worn slim fit- now I can still get them on, but its getting somewhat tight in the thigh area
    Shirts- again mostly slim-neck size moved up 1/2 size...somewhat starting to get tight on the forearms..which stretches the shirt around the elbow

My concern is this- if I were to move away from slim fit, alot of the jackets, shirts, are still boxy in the chest area (though not as loose)
    In terms of pants- same thing- Its like wearing space suit pants...bulky...

So anyone else dealing with this switching up wardrobes?

Yea man as somebody who has gone thru this twice once after 70 lbs weight loss and the other after spending the past 2 years on a weight trainig kick... Follow ur instinct and hold off until*you level off

Comment

Originally posted by LittleNelly View Post
      Yea man as somebody who has gone thru this twice once after 70 lbs weight loss and the other after spending the past 2 years on a weight trainig kick... Follow ur instinct and hold off until*you level off
      ya that was my fear...I dont plan to stop working out, but some things are just getting too tight.

Comment

Depends on:

Shape you're in
        If you're close to your genetic limit
        and if you think you drastically change, which is most likely NOT the case after working out for a year solid, newbie gains aren't going to happen.

I've gone from 200(intentionally) and dropped to 175-180(after ex's comment to her mom about my lack of a six pack) and I can still wear my shirts I had tailored at 200. I lost most of my mass in my legs and butt along with fat all over. Now my CT shirts that I had tailored aren't extreme fitted but better than OTR for sure and not really billowy. I lost an inch on my arms, a few off chest, few in waist, lots in legs and hips, I used to have to wear a 36 waist tailored to 34 for legs. Now I can wear 33-34 and be ok(32 waist now fits with some room to spare).

So if you're 6' 185 with about 10-12% body fat, chances are you won't be changing much at all size wise, your limit is about 190 @ 8% but that's a lot of work and you will be wanting clothes before it happens. It all depends where you are at and what your goals are.

FTR I bought

LEC slim fit chinos...for ebay/GW

Tappered leg jeans....terrible idea

Anything legs and SLIM is a big no no.

Comment

Working...
        X