Black & Khaki/Tan - Yes or No?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black & Khaki/Tan - Yes or No?

What is your guys opinion on wearing black and khaki/tan together? Should it be done? Does it look good? What are your thoughts and opinions? Below is a link to a style blog, pretty good. In this outfit, he pairs black and khaki/tan:

http://simplerman.com/2012/11/11/wha...earing-111112/

Your thoughts and opinions?

I think it good fine. I think its dont wear brown shoes with black pants.
    "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
    I>0<I

Comment

Those are both neutral colors. So they can go with each other. Regardless...read my signature.
      "One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
      #StayDapper

Comment

Just one person's opinion: As far as the sweater and jacket with the pants, it's fine in my book. I'm less a fan of the black shoes with khaki pants, though.

Comment

I personally think they look great together. As long as the peices flow together well.
          Last edited by Eyerman; November 14, 2012, 03:32 PM. Reason: I can't spell
          What we do in life echos throughout eternity.
          -Maximus

Comment

I'm not a big fan of black shoes with khaki either, but there's certainly a military tradition of pairing them so if you like it, then do it.

Comment

Black double monks with Dockers Alpha Khakis.
              Because I am wearing them, and I just did...

credit: http://www.hulu.com/watch/10308

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
                Just one person's opinion: As far as the sweater and jacket with the pants, it's fine in my book. I'm less a fan of the black shoes with khaki pants, though.
                My thoughts as well. I think a black sweater can look great with khaki pants, but black shoes always feel a little off with khaki/tan to me.

Comment

I personally think in this particular combination, the black works, mainly because there's black around a lot of the outfit itself, apart from just the belt.

Comment

Works here BUT generally I don't do khaki pants and black shoes. Feels too... "I don't dress well" to me (I see many people who dress poorly doing this pairing). The pants would have to be really well tailored and the shoes need to be slim, and not square-toed. And as everyone else is saying, you need black elsewhere in the outfit (like a sweater).

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                      Works here BUT generally I don't do khaki pants and black shoes. Feels too... "I don't dress well" to me (I see many people who dress poorly doing this pairing). The pants would have to be really well tailored and the shoes need to be slim, and not square-toed. And as everyone else is saying, you need black elsewhere in the outfit (like a sweater).
                      I know what you're talking about. I see way too many guys with pleated, yellow khakis with ugly square-toed slip-on shoes.

Comment

Working...
                      X