48L Suits/Blazers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

48L Suits/Blazers

Any 48L's have luck with Spier & McKay, J Crew, or similar retailers? Most of them only sell up to 46L from what i've seen. Curious if anyone has had one altered out a size or if it's worth it.

I'm 44R, so it's not as tough for me, but I was pretty happy with the construction of these suits here:
    https://www.studiosuits.com/
    It's made to measure. Might be worthwhile doing a test run. They're pretty generous with their returns, they'll remake a garment for free if it doesn't fit the way you want, and first time buyers get some extra consideration in their service. I've got a tweed suit and a linen sportcoat from them that came out quite nicely.

Comment

Thanks, Andrew. Appreciate the response and will definitely check them out. I’ve lost a lot of weight over the last five years and have found that most of my old suits and blazers no longer fit and I’m not even sure if they can be altered to what I need. I did a couple indochino suits years ago and was happy with them. I’m just trying to rebuild a basic business professional and business casual wardrobe without breaking the bank. It’s tough getting back into the real world after WFH and a much more casual approach for the last two years, haha. I feel like I let go of my basic style too much and really need to work on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mint Condition View Post
        I’ve lost a lot of weight over the last five years and have found that most of my old suits and blazers no longer fit
        Congrats on that! Certainly good news
        Originally posted by Mint Condition View Post
        I did a couple indochino suits years ago and was happy with them
        I had one Indochino suit. I think Studio Suits is slightly below Indochino in quality and moderately below them in price. But if you're just looking for like a blue suit and a grey suit, have you checked out Land's End Year'rounder suits? They can be had for $200-225 on their good sale months, and they go up to 48L. Returns are amazingly easy. I think their fabric is fine and the construction is just great. My go-to tailored clothing.

Comment

I just bought a new navy from Suitsupply, but yes I need a charcoal. I’m looking more at blazers and sport coats right now.

Comment

Dude, I feel you! The OTR suiting options are definitely lacking for us big boys. Some good options include Brooks Brothers, Hart Shafner Marx suits from Nordstrom Rack, and the Italian-made Saks Fifth Ave suits at Saks Off Fifth. Of course, MTM is there for you too. Joe likes Black Lapel.

Comment

Working...
            X