Mens Shearling / Wool Slippers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mens Shearling / Wool Slippers

I am looking for a pair of men's slippers preferably shearling lined but okay with wool as well. I really was hoping that Sheepland had something but I just cant get past that massive piecrust apron. I am really not much of an Uggs fan but so far that feels like my only options. (I dont love how the mocs look like elf shoes in photos as they point upward without a foot in it lol)

Looking for something like the Uggs or maybe even one that looks a little more like a loafer. What have you seen / like?

Just cant get past that piecrust apron. Its quite dramatic. These are handmade and shearling which i really love though.
    British Made Suede Moccasin Slippers - Sheepskin.co.uk

The Uggs are more mild but use some BS wool blend are more of a name than quality in any way.
    Men's Olsen Slipper | UGG® Official

I plan to use them inside, but would like a sole on them so i can step outside without ruining them. I would not be wearing them out and about at any point.
    neminat
    Varsity Member
    Last edited by neminat; January 2, 2022, 10:43 PM.

LL Bean. They have been my go-to for years.
    https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/8842...-venetian-mens

They're also available in a leather upper / outsole.
    https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/2372...-leather-lined

Comment

Seconding the LL Beans. Just got them as a gift, loving them.

Comment

These get a ton of play on the main site, but for good reason. I adore mine:

https://huckberry.com/store/greys/ca...r-slipper-boot

Comment

I'll third the LL Bean Wicked Good slippers. I just got a new pair of the Wicked Good Boot Mocs for Christmas - Bean finally smartened up and combined an ankle height shearling slipper with a rubber outer sole capable of handling quick trips outside. They may have been available many years ago but the last time I bought a pair of Wicked good slippers was probably two decades ago and back then you either got ankle height with suede shearling outsole or moccasin height with rubber outsole, so I've had the mocs for years but they wore out and were less than ideal - namely I HATE the rawhide laces which do nothing functional and come untied all the time and so pose a tripping hazard. So stay away from ones with laces is what I'm saying. These boot mocs have no laces and the rubber outsole and hence are my platonic slipper ideal. https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/1246...2&csp=a&pos=12
          “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Comment

I'll add my vote for the LL Bean slippers. I have a pair and they are very comfortable. If you can get them on sale, I think they are a pretty good deal.

Comment

How do the LL Bean slippers do with arch support? My podiatrist twisted my arm to start wearing Crocs instead of moccasins around the house. The Crocs do the job, but, I mean, they're...Crocs. Would love a nicer option.

Comment

Originally posted by tankerjohn View Post
                How do the LL Bean slippers do with arch support? My podiatrist twisted my arm to start wearing Crocs instead of moccasins around the house. The Crocs do the job, but, I mean, they're...Crocs. Would love a nicer option.
                They don't really have any arch support. One option I have used for other slippers (I have a history of plantar fasciitis so know what you are going through) is to size up and put a pair of Superfeet or other footbed with arch support inside the slippers. II think Dr Scholls may even make an arch support that's 3/4 length to give your toes more room. If you want to get really cozy glue a soft felt layer on top of the footbed. have been wearing my new ones around the house without doing this and so far no major flare ups with my feet but we shall see. I'm usually an 8 but sometimes an 8.5 in dress shoes and LL Bean says to size up if you're between sizes so I got the 9s and they're by no means huge on me but I probably can slide a footbed in there if I need to.
                “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                X