Wedding Suit shopping in Northern California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wedding Suit shopping in Northern California

I'm getting married in the spring of 2022 and I don't have a suit yet. I live in a remote part of Northern California but I am willing to travel a bit to find a good store. Perhaps the Bay Area. I would love a bespoke suit but I would also be more than content with a quality suit. Not planning on wearing a tux. Any advice on where I should go would be very appreciated.

Since you've got plenty of time, I'd look to online retailers. My personal favorite is Spier and Mackay, but people rave about Suit Supply as well. Even if you're in a major metro, those are probably the best values in suiting right now.

If you want to go true bespoke, you're probably looking in the $2,000 plus range. You can get a really nice entry level suit from Spier and Mackay for $200ish, and if you want to splurge, you can get a REALLY nice suit there around $600, with fabrics from some of the top mills in the world.

Assuming you're a relatively standard size, that would be my recommendation. You can get it tailored a bit if it's not a perfect fit off the rack and still save a bundle compared to bespoke, especially considering the travel involved.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Northern California is one of my favorite places, beautiful area, but certainly not easy to get to or from a big city. I've visited multiple times (stayed in Trinidad and Eureka) and would love to visit again!

Comment

Thank you!
      I think you make a good point about the value to price point. I could definitely spend the money on extending the honeymoon instead.
      I currently live in Eureka but am most likely moving one town over to Arcata. Its a lovely area we have here and I am really happy to be able to have such a naturally beautiful backdrop for my wedding. Finally going to be able to show some of my family this little piece of paradise I've found.

Comment

From someone who grew up in Southern California, if you're living in beautiful Arcata, save the money on a high end suit, get a super cool Spier one (they are very well constructed) and buy a nice pair of boots!
        andrewrg
        Varsity Member
        Last edited by andrewrg; December 22, 2021, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BooksnBikes View Post
          I'm getting married in the spring of 2022 and I don't have a suit yet. I live in a remote part of Northern California but I am willing to travel a bit to find a good store. Perhaps the Bay Area. I would love a bespoke suit but I would also be more than content with a quality suit. Not planning on wearing a tux. Any advice on where I should go would be very appreciated.
          You can try out this dealers and see if you will find something you like.
          5145 N Blackstone Ave, Fresno, CA 93710, United States

Comment

For bespoke, Wildwood and Company in Portland, Oregon or Franco Uomo in San Jose, California.

I've also been to this area. I used "Silver Threads" sewing business for a repair and they seemed knowledgeable about men's clothing. Not that I would expect them to make a suit, but I could trust them to alter one.
            Gorge
            Last edited by Gorge; December 29, 2021, 02:48 AM.

Comment

I would agree with the SuitSupply recommendation. I am a thinner smaller size so I did the whole I in store experience. It was great. I was able to try on all the different cuts, colors and such. If you are willing to travel there is a SuitSupply store in San Fran proper. It’s a couple blocks from a Market Street trolley stop up the hill from the ferry building. I have family that lives around Richmond/ Vallejo area so I just take the ferry over to the city.

I was in Arcata area last summer for vacation. I agree it’s a small paradise. It was a much needed break from the summer heat of the Mojave.

Comment

Working...
              X