That pocket inside outside pocket in my jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That pocket inside outside pocket in my jacket

In the last couple weeks, I've discovered that almost every one of my jackets/sports coats has a small pocket inside the exterior lower pocket, at least inside the right pocket and sometimes the left as well.

I wear a jacket daily for: fashion/1stImpression, (if needed) warmth, and man-bag carry-all functionality. So I have standard uses for most of the standard pockets, and I've found this small pocket to be a brilliant location for my earbuds. Secure enough that it's not in constant danger of falling out but then again easy pull out of pocket. If the earbuds were in a larger pocket, there would be lots of awkward fishing around to find the earbuds at the bottom of the pocket among other items.

...and then I started thinking:
    - does everyone else already know/assume the existance of this pocket?
    * Unlike ticket pocket or patch pockets, this pocket doesn't appear to be an extra/asked-for feature since I've found it in 10+ jackets.

- what is the original purpose of the pocket?
    * It feels similar to the 5th "coin" pocket on jeans (has anyone every used that pocket for anything?)
    * or maybe it is a vestigial pocket watch pocket (but I always associate pocket watch and chain with a vest/waistcoat)

* It feels similar to the 5th "coin" pocket on jeans (has anyone every used that pocket for anything?)
    I keep a packet of Listerine breath strips in that pocket

Comment

Working...
    X