Huckberry Wills sweaters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huckberry Wills sweaters

I love a good cardigan, and over the last few years I've started aiming for more the high quality/will last forever clothing items instead of the cheaper more disposable stuff. I get weekly emails from Huckberry and noticed a couple of sweaters from Wills a week ago that caught my eye.

Cardigan - https://huckberry.com/store/wills/ca...ollar-cardigan
    Quarter Zip - https://huckberry.com/store/wills/ca...re-quarter-zip

They are both 100% cashmere and while pricey, not some insane Mr Porter stuff. But... they are still expensive enough that I would need to love them if I were to buy them. Like I said, I like cardigans, but the ones I have now are all a bit cheaper - but not by a ton. I have a Polo one and a couple from Bonobos. None are cashmere, but my thought is I can pay ~$100 more and get something that will last a lot longer.

I'm not familiar with Wills though. I can't quite tell on the cardigan. It kind of looks like it might be slightly baggy, but I can't tell. I don't like baggy sweaters. I splurged last year and bought a cashmere cardigan from Naked Cashmere, and it was horrible. I barely had it out of the box before I returned it. On the quarter zip - I'm don't have any non-Nike running quarter zips, but with a basically a year and a half in sweats from covid, I'm trying to add some class back to my dressing habits. The sizing between the cardigan and quarter zip seem weird too. Going by the measurements, I would be a medium in the cardigan and a large in the quarter zip. I guess that could be indicative of the different styles.

Does anyone have experience with Wills? Any thoughts or suggestions on comparable alternatives?

I actually pointed out that Wills cardigan in your Naked Cashmere thread last year. I still don't have any experience but I remember that it wasn't 100% cashmere if that really matters to you. Its 30% cashmere and 70% wool. That might not be a bad thing though. I always thought cashmere was more delicate than wool so the blend might give you the softness of cashmere with added durability of another type of wool.

Comment

thanks for pointing that out. I went back to that thread and clicked your link to see what the wills sweater was a year ago. I must have crossed the materials on the quarter zip and cardigan as I thought the cardigan was 100% cashmere too. I’m sure there is functional reason why it is not 100%, but you just saved me $250. That seems like a lot for cardigan that is majority wool.

Originally posted by Geo View Post
      I actually pointed out that Wills cardigan in your Naked Cashmere thread last year. I still don't have any experience but I remember that it wasn't 100% cashmere if that really matters to you. Its 30% cashmere and 70% wool. That might not be a bad thing though. I always thought cashmere was more delicate than wool so the blend might give you the softness of cashmere with added durability of another type of wool.

Comment

I struggle with the idea of cashmere sweaters. Sure, they are super soft, but for me, they'd be going on over 2 other layers of clothing, (usually an undershirt and some sort of long sleeved shirt). So what's the benefit of the extra softness over, say, merino, unless you're sitting around petting your arms. I'm never going to feel or notice that added softness on my skin while wearing it. For the greatly increased cost, its not worth it to me. Everyone's different though. If you like it, give it a try. I think Huckberry has a reasonable return policy, so if it doesn't fit well, you should be able to return it.

Comment

Working...
        X