Lack of Diversity in Models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lack of Diversity in Models

I don't mean diversity in the "Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion" sense, but in the sense that all the major brands seem to be using the same handful of dudes to model their clothes. Does anyone else think this is weird?

Yes, I noticed the same the last couple years. I can't imagine it's THAT difficult to find 6'1" 160lbs guys to wear their clothes. Especially in a major metro area

Comment

Do you mean one brand having a limited team of models, or multiple brands having the same models?

Sometimes I wonder if the clothes are photoshopped on the same pictures of models...

I guess there are the same advantages for having a hired team of models, as opposed to always hiring freelancers as in other industries.

Comment

I assume most of the big brands you're referencing (i.e., J.Crew, BR, Bonobos, etc...) use the same agency for various online retailing operations such as models, photography, website layout, transactions, etc... You'll also notice that much like they use the same models, their website layout and functionality are almost identical. I'd be surprised if these operations were hosted in-house; my assumption is that some marketing agency has the online retailing operations market locked up with business from these brands, hence why they're so similar across brands. But I could be wrong.
        Last edited by garryowen47; October 20, 2021, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Gustin drives me nuts with this. Every day an email with new offerings on the same skinny, underfed male models. I'm a little bitter. I like a lot of their stuff aesthetically, but they don't offer fits that fit husky guys.

Comment

I just need them to show me how pants look on dudes with long torsos--tired of seeing pants that look great on a model with long legs and no ass only to have them give me plumber crack when they arrive

Comment

I like diversity in ads. Except I don't like short fat models. Different advertisers use the same models because they look good in the ad. Women have been dealing with this for decades. Even a size 2/4 like my wife isn't going to look anything like a six foot 125 pound model

Now we men need to adapt
              WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Working...
              X