Henley question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Henley question

I really dig henleys, but have a few questions that maybe the peanut gallery can help with:

1) I have a Flint and Tinder in supima cotton I got last year. It fits great and is my favorite shirt. However, the ones this year are at least twice as much. I won't pay $60+ for a henley t-shirt. So, what is an alternative with a similar fit and style?

2) speaking of style, what is the correct terminology for collar types? The one I referred to has a collar that looks like a normal t-shirt collar that just added buttons. This is in contrast to the ones that dip a little for the first button for lack of a better description. I don't like those nearly as much, but are also way more prevalent.

3) Anyone tried the henleys from any of these t-shirt companies that have become very popular (True Classic, Fresh Clean Tees, Wyr, Cuts, etc)?

No one?

Comment

I too will not pay much for a henley. I don't have a F&T so can't compare anything regarding fit. I've never heard of those other brands you mention.

I don't know if they have actual terminology, but I agree with your choice of collar style. The slight v-neck gives me either club bro or Dexter vibes.

My go-to lightweight henley is Goodfellow from Target. For a heavier one, I like the "sueded" henley from Goodthreads (Amazon).

Comment

I never heard of any of the “popular brands” mentioned.

The waffle one from target this year is excellent. I dozed down to a small and they’re great and cheap. $16 full priced. Read the post on the main page for the review of the Goodfellow fall line.

Comment

I've wanted to try a F&T henley for a few years, but also refuse to pay that for a simple shirt. I also will vouch for the Target Goodfellow henleys, except that I prefer their more 'basic' ones, over the waffle fabric. But this is just my own preference; I don't love waffle fabric. I think they fit great though, and they're cheap. Between last year and this, I think I've purchased it in almost every color, other than tan and black. These shirts are in heavy rotation for me. For a bit of a heavier weight shirt, I also have a handful of gap heathered henleys. They fit almost as well, (I was a little more "in between" gap's sizing for these), and provide a little extra warmth. Get more wear during the winter months for me. At $10-20 per shirt, you can have like 4-6 shirts for the price of one F&T.

https://www.target.com/p/men-s-regul...02#lnk=sametab

Comment

Working...
          X