Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What sunglasses are you wearing these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What sunglasses are you wearing these days?

I have been a fan of RayBan Wayfarers for...well, ever. Still am. But I recently moved and cant find my favorite pair. Im not prepared to run out and buy a new pair right now because I have a feeling I will find them in a random box somewhere. So Im looking for a more affordable alternative that are pretty decent. I was looking at Knockarounds but wanted to see if there was anything else you guys are really liking right now. I might try a slightly different frame shape for these if they are affordable enough.

I had also been a RayBan Wayfarer guy for around a decade. With a toddler son I decided to go a bit cheaper for a while as well. My go-tos lately have been Goodr https://goodr.com/. Honestly I feel they're pretty comparable (on paper) to Knockarounds. I go for the BFG style just because my noggin is on the larger side (I wore the 55mm RayBans), but they've also branched out into some other interesting styles last I checked.

I've also had a good customer service experience with them. I have 4 pairs at this point I believe, but one of the first pairs I had ended up getting a very scratched up lense (I think they were bouncing around the bottom of my laptop bag for a few weeks). I reached out to see if it was possible to purchase replacement lenses since the frames were still fine, and they just sent me a whole new pair of the sunglasses.

I really like the idea of getting some Wayfarer style sunglasses with a clear frame, but haven't found anything to my liking in my brief searching.
    Last edited by Deke; September 15, 2021, 10:05 AM.

Comment

I'm happy with my Huckberry Weekenders (maroon) that I bought the first year they offered them. The heat seems to have damaged the paint/finish somewhat, but it doesn't bother me, and I they may have resolved the problem by now (a few reviewers mentioned the issue, so it's not just me). Either way, I'll by them again next time I need sunglasses.

Comment

I have a couple of Sunski sunglasses and they are pretty decent for the price. The frames are durable and light weight and they have decent quality polarized lenses. Tons of different styles to choose from, most of which fit me pretty well but I have a smaller head/narrow face. If you have a large noggin for a man, or a particularly wide face, you might struggle to find a pair that fits your style preference and is large enough to suit your face.
        “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Comment

American Optical Original Pilot, you can't go wrong and the quality is way better than designer brands

The do make some other styles like The Saratoga which were JFKs favourite style

Comment

Originally posted by yorkshire pud View Post
            American Optical Original Pilot, you can't go wrong and the quality is way better than designer brands

The do make some other styles like The Saratoga which were JFKs favourite style
            those have been on my list for a while but the prices have shot up recently. but Im keeping my eye on them.

Comment

my cheap prescription sunglasses from 39dollarglasses. theyre kinda crappy but its a pain to get new prescription sunglasses

Comment

Rotation of AO's, Persol, Costas, and Mr. Tom Ford. Yeah...I have a problem.

Comment

Love my new Raen sunglasses. Also check out Privé Revaux for some lower priced fast fashion shades.
                  Last edited by Reynard; September 23, 2021, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X