• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moleskin amongst the Autumnal Temptations

Enjoying the perusal of today's Autumnal Temptation 2021,
    saw the moleskin,
    and I was tempted, until
    ......HO!!! NELLIE!!! REAR POCKETS!!!!.....dangit, will have to wait for J.Peterman to put their moleskin trousers in deep clearance for my chance to try the fabric fall feel.

Me too. Crazy and automatic off the list. Can you hem pockets? Just kidding. I know Orvis always as moleskin but know clue if they are any good. I do wonder if traditional hunting companies have them too but than again probably be the same cost as J.Peterman

Comment

Why the fugly pockets, Land's End? Why?

Comment

I have a pair of the 5-pocket LE moleskin pants from a few years ago. I'm not impressed. They're comfortable and soft but not very thick or velvety. They also look sort of cheap; it's hard to explain but they give off the appearance of being pilled, but they're not really. For the $45 or whatever I paid, I wouldn't get them again.

I also have a pair of Spier's moleskin trousers. They are everything that the LE pants are not. They are superb. I think I got em for under $70 on sale.

Comment

In defense of the rear pockets, these LE pants are clearly inspired by army fatigues, which have the same pocket configurations front and back. I would find it odd/incongruous to have those fatigue-style front pockets combined with rear welted ones tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Burner View Post
            I have a pair of the 5-pocket LE moleskin pants from a few years ago. I'm not impressed. They're comfortable and soft but not very thick or velvety. They also look sort of cheap; it's hard to explain but they give off the appearance of being pilled, but they're not really. For the $45 or whatever I paid, I wouldn't get them again.

I also have a pair of Spier's moleskin trousers. They are everything that the LE pants are not. They are superb. I think I got em for under $70 on sale.
            thx for Spier recommendation. Might be where I plunk down any Christmas money...

Comment

Originally posted by kongmw View Post
              In defense of the rear pockets, these LE pants are clearly inspired by army fatigues, which have the same pocket configurations front and back. I would find it odd/incongruous to have those fatigue-style front pockets combined with rear welted ones tbh.
              I find all the pockets ugly. I kinda get what they're going for. But if they want to make old school fatigues pants, make fatigue pants. If they want to make moleskin trousers, make proper moleskin trousers. The mash up doesn't work for me.

Comment

Working...
              X