Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best affordable side tab work pants/trousers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best affordable side tab work pants/trousers?

really want side tab pants without paying a small fortune. Welcome any recommendations. thanks!

Spier & Mackay has some OTR trousers with side tabs for ~$100. They make some of the best fitting pants I've ever worn.

Comment

Originally posted by msanchez0125 View Post
      Spier & Mackay has some OTR trousers with side tabs for ~$100. They make some of the best fitting pants I've ever worn.
      they're also 100 bucks a pair haha. I was hoping something closer to $50/pair

Comment

I was also going to recommend Spier & Mackay. I honestly don't think you'll find them cheaper. You could buy a pair of your favorite fitting pants with an extra few inches in the inseam. Have a tailor hem them and use the excess fabric to sew in side tabs. I've done this with my last two suits so I know for sure it can be done. Might end up costing the same as the S&M pants in the long run though.

Comment

I've looked pretty hard for the same thing, and concur, S&M is likely going to be your best bet. I agree $100 is a bit much, but if you really want the tabs, it'll cost a bit more. If you need to justify it to yourself, it's still about the same amount as a pair of $50 trousers and a belt.

Comment

I'm afraid that type of sartorial detail is really hard to find OTR. Same for things like single pleat, 3-roll-2 buttoning, ticket pocket, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by tankerjohn View Post
              I'm afraid that type of sartorial detail is really hard to find OTR. Same for things like single pleat, 3-roll-2 buttoning, ticket pocket, etc.
              or you could try... Spier and McKay. They have every one of those things available for relatively reasonable to the quality prices. I'm honestly not sure why anyone shops anywhere else for tailored clothing. Not SuSu, not J.Crew, not Bonobos (although their sportcoats are great.)

There is simply (in my opinion) doing more correctly in the menswear world right now. Hopefully they can keep it up with supply chain/shipping issues. I'm getting the sneaking suspicion I might not fit back into some of my 40R suits once (if) I shed the pandemic weight. Wish I was one of those "I'm nervous and didn't eat" fells *cough Joe cough*

Edited to add: SM does offer a more narrow fit profile. I'm relatively average besides a barrel chest (thanks Dad) so I can wear their stuff pretty easily. If you're really muscular or really tall and lean, you might have some issues. Probably came off a bit peevish above, apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex.C View Post

I'm honestly not sure why anyone shops anywhere else for tailored clothing.
                Totally agree, hope they keep doing what they're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by CK83 View Post

Totally agree, hope they keep doing what they're doing.
                  BUT. They're killing my wallet.

That new seed stitch sweater? Wool field jackets? Ugh,

Comment

Ha! My wife does NOT hope they keep doing what they're doing. Back on the topic of the OP, I did pick up a pair of their high rise side tab, single pleat trousers the other day on sale for $118. I can report back once I receive them, but I'm sure they'll be spot on as usual.

Comment

Working...
                    X