Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lands End Peacoat

http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-wool...=FSCS-_-VALID#

Anyone has tried it? can you please share some thoughts on it, especially regarding the fit? Joe seems to give it strong praises in his winter coat review. The JCrew bayswater did not particularly fit me too well, the fabric felt coarse too. The banana republic one fits very well, but only comes in navy, i would like a charcoal one, which lead me to this looking at this option thanks a lot.

Originally posted by llie19 View Post
    http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-wool...=FSCS-_-VALID#

Anyone has tried it? can you please share some thoughts on it, especially regarding the fit? Joe seems to give it strong praises in his winter coat review. The JCrew bayswater did not particularly fit me too well, the fabric felt coarse too. The banana republic one fits very well, but only comes in navy, i would like a charcoal one, which lead me to this looking at this option thanks a lot.
    I tried it on in-store, and I was just completely in between sizes. Medium was far too tight while the large didn't have any shape whatsoever. The Bayswater will be a little coarser because it is 100% wool while the Lands' End is a blend (same with the Banana Republic). All in all, the Lands' End felt much cheaper than the Bayswater to me. Wasn't a fan of it like Joe but then again, maybe I am just one of those people who are unfortunately in-between sizes.

Comment

thanks a lot. there is a lands end nearby, but the website does not seem to tell store availability. i am 6'', 165 lb, wear 38 suit and 32-33 waist. given your description i suspect that i may fall between small and medium.

if i remember correctly, the banana republic one has higher armhole and more tapering on the side than bayswater, both medium. the BR one is really undermentioned here for some reason, i only wish it comes in charcoal too.

Originally posted by chicubs1908 View Post
      I tried it on in-store, and I was just completely in between sizes. Medium was far too tight while the large didn't have any shape whatsoever. The Bayswater will be a little coarser because it is 100% wool while the Lands' End is a blend (same with the Banana Republic). All in all, the Lands' End felt much cheaper than the Bayswater to me. Wasn't a fan of it like Joe but then again, maybe I am just one of those people who are unfortunately in-between sizes.

Comment

It runs smaller than J Crew for sure. I normally would wear a Medium, but I can fit into the Small in Bayswater (it fits snugly). I cannot fit into the small in Land's End. The body and sleeves also seemed shorter than the Bayswater.

Comment

Originally posted by redbeardedmike View Post
          It runs smaller than J Crew for sure. I normally would wear a Medium, but I can fit into the Small in Bayswater (it fits snugly). I cannot fit into the small in Land's End. The body and sleeves also seemed shorter than the Bayswater.
          Mike is definitely right. A medium Bayswater was perfect fit for me while the medium on the Lands End was far too snug.
          Last edited by chicubs1908; November 13, 2012, 03:30 PM.

Comment

i ordered one online. it's a fine piece of clothing. fits very well on me. however i will return it, as i discovered a peacoat is just not for me. had i somehow been able to make myself accept wearing a peacoat, i will gladly take it for under $150.

Comment

I have one and love it...the only thing I noticed was that the arm length was looooong (and I have long arms)...after the tailor makes an adjustment it will be fantastic...

Comment

Working...
              X