Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

might I trouble you for a watch recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, done!

I got this spiffy looking Tissot (swatch...ha!) chronograph via ebay for just north of $200. :

https://www.tissotwatches.com/media/...01_WRIST_1.png

It's quartz of course, but that really doesn't bother me much. Sapphire crystal, can be dressed down or up (as much as I need anyway), and has a dial that will fit well on my slightly larger-than-average wrist. Should serve well.

Now to look at the dress options........

Thanks again for the education, gentlemen!

Comment

Originally posted by nathan miller View Post
      Ok, done!

I got this spiffy looking Tissot (swatch...ha!) chronograph via ebay for just north of $200. :

https://www.tissotwatches.com/media/...01_WRIST_1.png

It's quartz of course, but that really doesn't bother me much. Sapphire crystal, can be dressed down or up (as much as I need anyway), and has a dial that will fit well on my slightly larger-than-average wrist. Should serve well.

Now to look at the dress options........

Thanks again for the education, gentlemen!
      Swatch is the largest manufacturer of Swiss luxury watches in the world, as they own over a dozen brands including Omega.

Do you need a dressy watch? I have whole collection of vintage dress watches, including several Omegas, a LeCoultre, a Wittnauer, a Hamilton, an Elgin, and a Bulova. They are for the most part gold, very small (33 to 35 mm) and all on black or brown leather straps. I wear them less then 10 days per year. For every day wear with business attire and casual, I rotate between my vintage Omega Geneve, modern Omega Dynamic,Tissot quartz chronograph, Tissot LeLocle automatic, Seiko Presage Blue Moon, Jean Richard Highlands, Victorinox Swiss Army Lancer, and Junkers quartz chronograph.

Comment

Do you need a dressy watch? I have whole collection of vintage dress watches, including several Omegas,
        Wow, you have quite a nice collection. I'm looking for something in the 40mm range as I have larger than average wrists. I'll take my time and see if I can find a good deal on something nice. In the meantime I have an inexpensive but nice looing caravelle that will get me through.

Comment

Originally posted by nathan miller View Post

Wow, you have quite a nice collection. I'm looking for something in the 40mm range as I have larger than average wrists. I'll take my time and see if I can find a good deal on something nice. In the meantime I have an inexpensive but nice looing caravelle that will get me through.
          Thanks. I have been collecting watches off and on for over 30 years, so I figured out what I like through trial and error, and also just looking at designs. Sometimes a watch looks beautiful but doesn't suit me. For example, even though I have a thicker than average wrist size, I find watches larger than 41 mm are just to clunky for me.

See that is what I am talking about. If you are looking for a 40 mm watch, it isn't a true dress watch, which is, by definition, small.
          Last edited by MRT2; July 18, 2021, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X