Tie / Shoe suggestions for Land's End Donegal Tweed suit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tie / Shoe suggestions for Land's End Donegal Tweed suit

I have a December wedding to attend and I was thinking of wearing the Lands End Donegal suit to the same.

Any suggestions on a suitable tie & shoe pairing?

Last edited by pratyk; November 12, 2012, 11:20 PM.

I have this and really enjoy it but honestly not sure i see it as a wedding suit.
    My cocktail videos >

Comment

Originally posted by tdig View Post
      I have this and really enjoy it but honestly not sure i see it as a wedding suit.
      To be precise, it's for the reception. The wedding is on a different day and the reception on another. I just wanted to be a little different from all the navy, black and grey suits out there. Figured this'd be a good one.

Comment

bump?

Comment

@pratyk: I wore the jacket from this suit to a casual wedding last weekend. I wore an eggplant colored tie that had maroon geometrics in it. When I get home, I will take a picture and upload it for you. I think you would be good with any earth colored tie (maroon, eggplant, etc.). Hope that helps

Comment

I think the best way to rock this suit is to keep the look consistent. Some will say you can wear bals with tweeds and unbrushed wools, i am not in that camp. These things should be worn with bluchers, long wings to be exact. I tried wearing tweed with bals and it didnt look right until I put on different shoes, something with more heft. The long wings are solid and will make you look together.

In re to the tie, i would suggest a wool or cotton tie maybe in a shade of green, any earthy color really.
            "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
            I>0<I

Comment

+1 to everything MaxMan said. A shoe alternative would be wingtip boots (if you own them). Also, while not mandatory, don't disregard shirts with button down collars. They're now fair game since you're not super dressy.

Comment

LOL how do you add pics in this thing? Alan I know you have the answer!
                I>0<I

Comment

Originally posted by MaxMan View Post
                  LOL how do you add pics in this thing? Alan I know you have the answer!
                  @MaxMan Try this http://threads.dappered.com/misc.php?do=bbcode#imgcode

Comment

Thanks JPutman
                    I>0<I

Comment

Thanks guys. I picked up this tie today from J Crew that might go with it:

I also own the Sebago Hamilton boots as far as brogues are concerned:

Also have the AE MacNeils in Rough brown.. Might have to try these out this weekend..

Comment

Check and check. Winding up for the home run! And FWIW, I don't see a problem with wearing this suit to a wedding reception unless it's some super formal affair. It's still dressier than the guy that will inevitably show up with the jacket-less tie. I think it's on par with nice pants and a blazer, and that's almost always wedding-appropriate. Only you can gauge how everyone else will dress, but I'm having a hard time recalling a wedding I've attended where that suit would be out of place.

This might be something where not everyone agrees with me, but we'll just have to agree to disagree. Besides, what's the worst thing that can happen?

(Actually, I can answer that. The worst thing that can happen is that it'll get really warm with all those people and you might find the pants getting really itchy.)

Comment

I can't believe that I'm writing this (due to our differences in style), but I agree with MaxMan.

Pratyk, I think that your choice of shoe is good. I'm not sure if that tie works with the difficult shade of the suit. However, it is the nicest pattern that I've seen you pick out. Your taste is improving dramatically. Seriously, nice eye.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                            I can't believe that I'm writing this (due to our differences in style), but I agree with MaxMan.

Pratyk, I think that your choice of shoe is good. I'm not sure if that tie works with the difficult shade of the suit. However, it is the nicest pattern that I've seen you pick out. Your taste is improving dramatically. Seriously, nice eye.
                            LOL, welcome to the dark side my friend...lol
                            I>0<I

Comment

FWIW, I own the same suit so I can say that the brown has a bit of mossy green in the right light and the marle includes some blue when you get close. If the tie is sufficiently dark, I'm not anticipating a problem with that black watch tie.

Comment

Working...
                              X