Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flint & Tinder 10-year hoodie or American Giant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flint & Tinder 10-year hoodie or American Giant?

Hello oh wise message board. I know there have been earlier threads on this topic, but it's been a few years. Anyone have preferences between the Flint & Tinder 10-year hoodie and the American Giant classic full zip? I like them both, though at the moment American Giant is out of the color I want (Oxford Blue). Also, any sizing help on either would be most welcome. I'm 5' 8" 160lbs -- sometimes these hoodies are too long on the torso. Normally I use medium, though if things are really big I sometimes opt for a small. Thanks, wise ones!

They're both nice. My experience is from like 4 years ago so I don't know how things have evolved at either brand but I ordered American Giant first and returned it and ordered the Flint and Tinder 10 year hoodie and kept that. The AG one was very nice but I got better size guidance on which size to get from Huckberry than from American Giant, so it was down to the fact that the F&T one fit better. I'm your height but about 7-9 pounds lighter. At the time the F&T medium fit me great and would probably be fine for you assuming the sizing hasn't changed, but it may have, so I would ask for advice from Huckberry before you order. I think American Giant rec'd a small to me and that was a little too slim through the body. One other thing I prefer about the F&T one is that it it has raglan sleeves. YMMV there but I feel like they provide better range of motion and the seam starting at hood and angling diagonally across the chest to below the armpit adds a little extra visual interest too. That's just a personal preference and I could see how someone might prefer the cleaner look of a set-in sleeve.
    “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Comment

I am 5'11 and 150 pounds and I preferred the fit of Flint and Tinder zip hoodie. F&T recommended a XS given that I prefer a closer fit. I found the XS fit perfectly in the torso/chest. Snug with room too move, not too tight. I feel the length is pretty good, maybe a 1/2 inch shorter than I would like. American Giant recommended a S and I found it to be too baggy.

I felt the F&T hoodie was better quality than the the American Giant. I also really liked to raglan sleeves

Comment

Working...
      X