Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

heavy weight chino suggestions, not set up into jeans but the more chino shape.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heavy weight chino suggestions, not set up into jeans but the more chino shape.

i am always wearing through my chino fabric. i want to find some more thick pants to get, but i haven't found sny any for quite a bit. everyhing i've bought last 10 years has been very thin, for whatever reason.

I AM NOT LOOKING FOR CHINO JEANS, though i very very commonly see thick chino fabric with those.

I recently picked up a pair of Orvis chinos from a thrift store and am very impressed with how thick and durable the material is. I'd definitely consider buying a new pair on sale.

Comment

Jack Donnelly khakis are pretty robust

Comment

I can't judge long-term durability, but my chinos from https://billskhakis.com/ are as heavy fabric as I could wish for. Expensive, though.

Comment

Look no further than LLBean, especially if you can make the trip up to an outlet location. They usually run ridiculous deals compared to their website, and I’m pretty sure you can order something there to ship to you if they don’t physically carry what you want. Their fit, especially on their signature line, is a great straight leg.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc99 View Post
            Look no further than LLBean, especially if you can make the trip up to an outlet location. They usually run ridiculous deals compared to their website, and I’m pretty sure you can order something there to ship to you if they don’t physically carry what you want. Their fit, especially on their signature line, is a great straight leg.
            they're just not like THICK. i want thick thick. like as thick ass denim almost.

Comment

If you’re heading that way, you may do better searching for material first rather than brand? “Cavalry Twill” would probably be the best start.

Not khakis, but I own some really heavy moleskin pants from Samuel Windsor. They’re like a heavy cotton flannel pant.

Comment

Yeah I'd search for cavalry twill or heavyweight twill or canvass, which canvass is usually burlier than the standard chino material but is also more casual (and sometimes not really burlier either but it's worth a shot). Seems like workwear brands like Carhartt and Dickies might have beefier chinos but I can't say from personal experience.
                “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Comment

Me three for cavalry twill. Real cavalry twill is wool (and expensive), but I've seen it used to describe heavy duty cotton twill as well.

The workwear chinos, ala Dickies, are indeed tough and hard wearing. But they usually have a high poly content and not in the airy, tech fabric way. Old school non-breathable poly. If that doesn't bother you, it could be a good option.

Duck pants, such as Carhartts, are great and hard wearing too. They might be too close to jeans. I'm not sure if anyone makes chino-style pants in duck. Maybe Duluth Trading? Worth investigating.

Comment

Originally posted by tankerjohn View Post
                    Me three for cavalry twill. Real cavalry twill is wool (and expensive), but I've seen it used to describe heavy duty cotton twill as well.

The workwear chinos, ala Dickies, are indeed tough and hard wearing. But they usually have a high poly content and not in the airy, tech fabric way. Old school non-breathable poly. If that doesn't bother you, it could be a good option.

Duck pants, such as Carhartts, are great and hard wearing too. They might be too close to jeans. I'm not sure if anyone makes chino-style pants in duck. Maybe Duluth Trading? Worth investigating.
                    Yeah I had a buddy in college who had a pair of military surplus cavalry twill (the real wool ones) trousers that he used under his ski pants for downhill skiing. He said they were super warm. I've never been able to find any pants like that ever. Maybe they still make cavalry twill pants for the military but I kind of doubt it.
                    “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X