Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lightweight Summer Chino replacment for Texas!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightweight Summer Chino replacment for Texas!?

I'm on the search to replace some beloved Bonobos lightweight chinos. Had previously had the last couple versions of them before they phased them out - the regular lightweight and the last version that had some stretch. The favorite pair was the last ones purchased before they stopped making them that are 62% cotton, 24% polyester, 12% rayon, and 2% spandex.

They seem to be the perfect weight for miserable Texas heat when I have to wear pants and tow the line of looking nice enough to dress up a touch or down without being obvious they stretch a ton. Plus there's not tech pant swishing like the golf options that are out there. Asking if anyone has a great rec on something similar with some stretch? I've got pretty severe dad bod but tall some needing someone with 40" w and 34" length available....hive mind don't fail me!

i got a pair of these sorts of lightweight alpha dockers by accident. i don't like light pants (I'll just wear shorts), and i don't like stretchy pants for myself. but for you they might do wonderfully.

they're usually about $30 or $40, so easy to buy and try out. they work good, at least. i wear them a fair bit, always wishing they were heavier.

Comment

I love my Flint and Tinder lightweight chinos. Mid rise and tapered, the fit is fantastic. They are not cheap, but they handle the Houston heat as well as anything else I’ve tried. Full disclosure, mine are the previous version without stretch. There was a review here on them a while back if you want another opinion.

Comment

Brooks Brothers Lightweight Stretch Advantage Chino.

Comment

Originally posted by DGHayes View Post
          They seem to be the perfect weight for miserable Texas heat when I have to wear pants and tow the line of looking nice enough to dress up a touch or down without being obvious they stretch a ton.
          This isn't an answer (I'm cribbing answers too) but a pants-related question: What do you usually wear when it's stupid hot and you have to dress up a touch? I'm getting ready for another hot humid summer in DC, looking for ideas.

Comment

Banana Republic Core Temp 100%

Comment

Originally posted by andrewrg View Post

This isn't an answer (I'm cribbing answers too) but a pants-related question: What do you usually wear when it's stupid hot and you have to dress up a touch? I'm getting ready for another hot humid summer in DC, looking for ideas.
              Disclosure: I run really warm.

Example outfit: Suede loafers, summer weight chinos, white Uniqlo airism polo with button down collar, green unlined cotton/linen sport coat, and a spare pair of socks handy. The sport coat actually helps hide the inevitable sweat.

I also fully accept that I may need a full change if I won’t be in climate controlled space the whole day.

Comment

Originally posted by CK83 View Post
                Banana Republic Core Temp 100%
                This. Source: lifelong Texan.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewrg View Post

As Marc99 mentioned above - I usually look at summer weight chinos that I'm looking to replace now and some sort of performance polo that I can tuck in. Usually something that isn't mostly tech fabric so it doesn't look like I'm coming from or headed to the golf course. Socks are key for me as my feet sweat something awful. No show merino wool from Smartwool are my go to's and seem to last/not slip. I'm usually looking for non-suede shoes as I feel like they don't breath but I do have a pair of BR suede drivers from a few years back that are perforated and breath well. Definitely find you a couple unlined blazers that are cotton/linen (again Marc is on point). They breathe well and hide the pit sweat that is definitely going to come.

Comment

Working...
                  X