Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AE Tweed Blazer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    AE Tweed Blazer

    $75 with a 25% off code. Fits nice. Anyone else check this out?

    http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product...atId=cat380145
    42" Chest 32" Waist 6' Tall 185 lbs.

    #2
    I'm actually considering getting this blazer, but I'm confident AE will have an even bigger sale next week for Black Friday. Plan on purchasing then.
    "One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
    #StayDapper

    Comment


      #3
      I tried one on when I was in the mall one afternoon. Evenm for $75 I would say pass on it. The fit is bulky and the shoulder padding is excessive. Also the material is rough and coarse. This is one of those cases where you are better off putting the money toward a better quality product.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by somaticmarker1 View Post
        I tried one on when I was in the mall one afternoon. Evenm for $75 I would say pass on it. The fit is bulky and the shoulder padding is excessive. Also the material is rough and coarse. This is one of those cases where you are better off putting the money toward a better quality product.
        Interesting. I didn't find the shoulder pads to be that bad. But as mentioned, I definitely wouldn't purchase for $75. Would wait until it's at least half off.
        "One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
        #StayDapper

        Comment


          #5
          It seems to me that the overall length is rather short. Also, the "S,M,L" makes it difficult to dial in the right size and this is not the kind of jacket that you want to spend much on tailoring for.

          Comment


            #6
            I have the wool non-tweed version, in XS. To me, the shoulders were a rather large for the chest size. The length was perfect, but note that I'm 5'6". It was a good buy for me since XS blazers are hard to come by, but if you're sized like a "regular" person, I think you should either get it for really cheap if it doesn't need much tailoring or save your money for something better.

            Comment


              #7
              Agree with alan, right off the bat this is a knockaround jacket, if you buy it rock it casually. Not sure on fit but it looks like the armholes are pretty low and button stance pretty high. I think AE is trying to cash in on the trend of tweed that is everywhere this winter...
              "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
              I>0<I

              Comment


                #8
                renigging my statement, thats too much money!!! Thrift a Tweed jacket for 5 bucks and tailor it to your liking...and prolly wont reach 75....
                "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                I>0<I

                Comment


                  #9
                  Yea, I opted out of this jacket for the price. Went with the H&M tweed for $49. It's on the shorter side as well, but I plan to wear it casually anyway. Fits just right OTR, so don't have to worry about tailor costs either.
                  "One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
                  #StayDapper

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by SDot View Post
                    Yea, I opted out of this jacket for the price. Went with the H&M tweed for $49. It's on the shorter side as well, but I plan to wear it casually anyway. Fits just right OTR, so don't have to worry about tailor costs either.
                    I was on the trigger on that SC at H&M but i was there with the wife. She has this way of talking me out of buying stuff which is rather annoying lol...You have that in your closet already. Dont get me started, thats why i shop alone lol...
                    "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                    I>0<I

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by MaxMan View Post
                      I was on the trigger on that SC at H&M but i was there with the wife. She has this way of talking me out of buying stuff which is rather annoying lol...You have that in your closet already. Dont get me started, thats why i shop alone lol...
                      Ha! I know EXACTLY what you mean...but hey...I do the same to her sometimes, so I can't blame her lol. But when I came home she actually said she liked it! Score!

                      It's not as thick as others, but for how I plan to wear...it will do the job.
                      "One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
                      #StayDapper

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by MaxMan View Post
                        I was on the trigger on that SC at H&M but i was there with the wife. She has this way of talking me out of buying stuff which is rather annoying lol...You have that in your closet already. Dont get me started, thats why i shop alone lol...
                        tell her its 40% off today. Surely $30 isn't too much? Nudge nudge. I would've bought it myself but I sort of made a tweed suit, by accident, during BR's F&F last week. If you're interested its this http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=428196002 with this http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=229778002

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X