Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stafford Camlin (Wingtip) Discontinued/Sold Out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stafford Camlin (Wingtip) Discontinued/Sold Out.

For those of us who haven't jumped on the much hyped Stafford boots, now might be the time to do so. I noticed online that most (if not all by now) sizes were sold out, and the JC Penney at my local mall no longer had it as part of the floor display. As luck would have it I had the guy there check the back, giving him the name and going as far to show him the brown wingtip shoe, saying it was the boot version of the same model...he managed to find one left in my size. It was still regular price ($60) so the earlier reports of it being on clearance wasn't true in my area. Still, for all it's hype it's well worth the price. Just figured I'd post a heads up for anyone who was still on the fence about it, because the clock is ticking on availability.

did the guy confirm that it's discontinued? if so, that sucks, I never found my size nearby.

Comment

He couldn't outright confirm that production ceased, but did confirm that my store was just about sold out (he had my size and one other size left, and I purchased the last one in my size). It was also said that if it's not being restocked online it wouldn't be restocked in the stores. The "find in store" option is also no longer there for it online, and all that's left is 10 1/2 (which is really for the 11-11 1/2 crowd since you had to size down for this boot).

Comment

So the boot is selling out like crazy...and JCP decides not to restock it anymore? Me not understand

Comment

Take it for what it's worth. The guy could be holiday help (and most of them are part-timers that don't pay attention/don't care). So he could have been just trying to sound smart about it. At least I managed to score my size in the event of a discontinuation. Worst case scenario averted.

Comment

Damn that stinks. They never had my size at my local JCP. I was hoping they'd restock before the holidays.

Comment

They would be stupid not to restock these.

Comment

Originally posted by saleen View Post
                They would be stupid not to restock these.
                Looks like they're back in stock! http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/brand...d=pp5001521743
                20% brings them to $48 http://f.jcpenneyem.com/i/34/6262552...ly_FBPost.html
                Not sure if that qualifies for free shipping, but it may. If not, it's easy to make up the $2 difference.

I have the wingtip shoes, does anyone have both and wear both?
                Also, as a standard 10D would I be an 8 or 8.5 in the boots?

Comment

I would also be interested to know if the sizing between the oxford and the boot were the same or if the boot ran larger.

Comment

I don't have it, but the bot runs very large. Anyone have specific recommendations?

Comment

@NYCToon - I have the oxford. It's TTS. I did a "put them up against each other and eyeball" comparison, and the size 10 boot seemed about the same size as the 11 oxford. Take that with a grain of salt, though.

Comment

Looks like it's discontinued again, not on the site.
                        6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Comment

Working...
                        X