Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a good unstructured summer beater (linen blazer?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake101
    replied
    Originally posted by CK83 View Post

Let us know how you like it! I don't need a(nother) linen blazer, but at that price it was quite tempting!
    The more I wear it, the more I like it. Detail is really nice, fit in the shoulders is far better than I've come to expect from OTR jackets, it's casual enough to be dressed down and can probably look good a little more formal. I got it to destroy (in a manner of speaking) over the course of the summer, and I look forward to wearing it too much

Leave a comment:

• CK83
    replied
    Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
    Hey ya'll thanks for the recommendations - I ended up picking up the Old Navy Flex Linen that Joe recommended a few weeks back on sale for like 35 bucks.
    Let us know how you like it! I don't need a(nother) linen blazer, but at that price it was quite tempting!

Leave a comment:

• Jake101
    replied
    Hey ya'll thanks for the recommendations - I ended up picking up the Old Navy Flex Linen that Joe recommended a few weeks back on sale for like 35 bucks.

Leave a comment:

• mark4
    replied
    Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
    Something to layer over tshirts and just a general workhorse. Uniqlo had a good one a few years ago, but it's since... deceased.
    J Crew will undoubtedly release this year's version of the linen "unsuit" at some point this spring if they haven't already. With luck on a discount code those can be had for not much money. I got the Moon Mills wool-cotton herringbone one this winter for $45 - it's the fall/winter version of the summer unsuit line. It didn't hit that price until just after Christmas though so you may have to wait a few months before the summer ones are that heavily discounted.

Leave a comment:

• Marc99
    replied
    Why not try Yoox? Might have to do some sifting through the really loud stuff, but I just picked up a couple cotton/linen jackets for $130 total. You are looking for an Italian styled jacket anyway. Might as well go directly to the source.

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Spier has several, including in their sale section. Tan cotton stretch for 99 bucks is hard to beat. I have it in suit form. Light brown linen at 150 is a good get as well.

Leave a comment:

• Domino
    replied
    It's pretty nice, the one I was thinking of was the unsuit, a more formal style.

Leave a comment:

• RSA
    replied
    Originally posted by Domino View Post
    J Crew has a pretty good one in cotton-linen, depending on what colors you want.
    I picked up this Wallace and Barnes blazer in khaki a little while ago, at half-price. I like it.

https://www.jcrew.com/p/mens_categor...mountain-khaki

Leave a comment:

• Evenflow
    replied
    If you get one that's 100% linen, you'll be a mess.

Leave a comment:

• Geo
    replied
    I like this one from Bonobos.

https://bonobos.com/products/stretch...0garment%20dye

Leave a comment:

• andrewrg
    replied
    Target Goodfellow made a great one, kinda light, in cotton/linen last summer, but I can't seem to find it now. Maybe it's online on secondary retailers?

Leave a comment:

• Domino
    replied
    J Crew has a pretty good one in cotton-linen, depending on what colors you want. They had a really sharp looking blue a few years ago I keep hoping they'll bring back.

Leave a comment:

• Looking for a good unstructured summer beater (linen blazer?)

Something to layer over tshirts and just a general workhorse. Uniqlo had a good one a few years ago, but it's since... deceased.
Working...
X