Adding Brands to the Dappered Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Brands to the Dappered Website

If there's another subthread about this topic (adding new brands to the daily Dappered website), please redirect.

I highly recommend checking out Abercrombie's AirKnit line. It's nice wfh/workout gear at the fraction of a price of Lululemon, Rhone, etc. Hoodies, long sleeve, short sleeve, tanks, henleys, qtr zip, shorts, joggers, polos. Minimum logos is also a +.

Hoodie/Jogger/Qtr Zip: $55
    Shorts/Polo: $49
    Long Sleeve/Henley: $39
    Short Sleeve: $29
    Tank: $19

Almost always on sale, great when you can get an A&F 25%+ (I've seen 40-50% off before).

A lot of heathered patterns, a few polos have floral designs and hopefully we'll see more as Spring/Summer comes around.

You can just e-mail Joe directly. Sometimes he'll post your find and sometimes he won't. While he does seem to feature a lot of the same retailers that fit the "Dappered" style and budget (*cough* J. Crew *cough*), I've seen him feature other stuff from time to time. There's also the "Deals" forum for posting sales.

Comment

Originally posted by tankerjohn View Post
      You can just e-mail Joe directly. Sometimes he'll post your find and sometimes he won't. While he does seem to feature a lot of the same retailers that fit the "Dappered" style and budget (*cough* J. Crew *cough*), I've seen him feature other stuff from time to time. There's also the "Deals" forum for posting sales.
      Don't forget Banana Republic! I'm old enough to remember when their motif was safari chic back in the 1980s. They had a few brick and mortar stores but were mostly mail order like LL Bean back then. Abercrombie gets a rare mention on the front page. I have an overcoat from them made of Moon Mills tweed that is really nice - basically a Balmacaan with a multi-colored houndstooth check. They have gotten a lot less...whatever they were before over the past several years and make some decent stuff these days. Way back in time they were and Eddie Bauer/LL Bean style outdoor outfitter/sporting goods store in St. Louis - the "Gateway to the West" - basically the likes of Teddy Roosevelt and such used them to gear up to explore the intermountain West. They took a real hard turn away from that ethos in the '90s for sure.
      “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Comment

Banana's new line -- BR Standard. Not much in the way of reviews on the BR site. The models don't look as skinny as usual, so I'm wondering about fit. Most of the items seem overpriced and they are not subject to special promotions.

Comment

Originally posted by Coindmagnate View Post
          If there's another subthread about this topic (adding new brands to the daily Dappered website), please redirect.

I highly recommend checking out Abercrombie's AirKnit line. It's nice wfh/workout gear at the fraction of a price of Lululemon, Rhone, etc. Hoodies, long sleeve, short sleeve, tanks, henleys, qtr zip, shorts, joggers, polos. Minimum logos is also a +.

Hoodie/Jogger/Qtr Zip: $55
          Shorts/Polo: $49
          Long Sleeve/Henley: $39
          Short Sleeve: $29
          Tank: $19

Almost always on sale, great when you can get an A&F 25%+ (I've seen 40-50% off before).

A lot of heathered patterns, a few polos have floral designs and hopefully we'll see more as Spring/Summer comes around.

Good info! I'm not Joe, but I'll check these out tonight while I'm at our local mall. I'm a big fan of A&F's new stuff - certainly more stylish and fit-conscious than Old Navy.

Comment

Originally posted by mark4 View Post

Don't forget Banana Republic! I'm old enough to remember when their motif was safari chic back in the 1980s. They had a few brick and mortar stores but were mostly mail order like LL Bean back then. Abercrombie gets a rare mention on the front page. I have an overcoat from them made of Moon Mills tweed that is really nice - basically a Balmacaan with a multi-colored houndstooth check. They have gotten a lot less...whatever they were before over the past several years and make some decent stuff these days. Way back in time they were and Eddie Bauer/LL Bean style outdoor outfitter/sporting goods store in St. Louis - the "Gateway to the West" - basically the likes of Teddy Roosevelt and such used them to gear up to explore the intermountain West. They took a real hard turn away from that ethos in the '90s for sure.
            Personally, I haven't been excited about Banana in quite some time. I think they're struggling to find their niche in this new age of younger leaning, modern styles that focus more on budget.

Comment

Originally posted by SFe Guy View Post
              Banana's new line -- BR Standard. Not much in the way of reviews on the BR site. The models don't look as skinny as usual, so I'm wondering about fit. Most of the items seem overpriced and they are not subject to special promotions.
              I'll check it out tonight at our mall. Might be good. Might suck.

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
                Might be good. Might suck.
                Sounds like a review of my IG.
                https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Originally posted by SFe Guy View Post
                  Went to our local mall, fondled the new BR merch. Overall, I like the stuff but they don't seem as well made as J.Crew stuff of similar ilk. I'd probably be interested at deep discount, may 40%.

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post

Sounds like a review of my IG.
                    Accurate. You have a very unique, equine sense of style.

Comment

Personally, I haven't been excited about Banana in quite some time. I think they're struggling to find their niche in this new age of younger leaning, modern styles that focus more on budget.
                      Their organic cotton sweaters from this past winter were great. Raglan sleeves and slim, but not tight fit were a winner in my book and they regularly went on sale for less than $30. Also, the shawl collar cardigan was a clearance steal. Got it on Christmas Eve for around $45. Their raglan sleeve merino crewnecks were good on sale as well. To each their own, but I think they do some things well and some things forgettably.

Comment

Accurate. You have a very unique, equine sense of style.
                        He's coming with me to NOLA.
                        https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Originally posted by batkins9 View Post

Their organic cotton sweaters from this past winter were great. Raglan sleeves and slim, but not tight fit were a winner in my book and they regularly went on sale for less than $30. Also, the shawl collar cardigan was a clearance steal. Got it on Christmas Eve for around $45. Their raglan sleeve merino crewnecks were good on sale as well. To each their own, but I think they do some things well and some things forgettably.
                          Last year (I think) they had crewneck sweaters made from yak wool and they were awesome--I regret that I only have two. And a year or two before that they had some Shetland sweaters that were also great. But it does seem that they're moving away from that and toward tech/athleisure.

Comment

I mentioned BR in response to your cough*JCrew*cough comment - I kind of feel like these days BR is mentioned about twice as often as J Crew on the main page. I like BR's sweaters and their rapid movement and legacy jeans are great - enough stretch to be super comfortable but they look like real jeans and on sale can be had for around $40 a pair. I don't own any suits or sport coats from them, and not many, if any, shirts either. I have a couple pairs of cords from them and they're pretty nice.
                            “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by mark4 View Post

I mentioned BR in response to your cough*JCrew*cough comment - I kind of feel like these days BR is mentioned about twice as often as J Crew on the main page. I like BR's sweaters and their rapid movement and legacy jeans are great - enough stretch to be super comfortable but they look like real jeans and on sale can be had for around $40 a pair. I don't own any suits or sport coats from them, and not many, if any, shirts either. I have a couple pairs of cords from them and they're pretty nice.
                              That was actually my *cough* comment. I could have picked BR. Or Target. Or Nordstrom. Or Spier and Mackay. Or Allen Edmonds. Or...you get it. I was just trying to illustrate that Joe has his "regulars", but he'll throw out oddball stuff occasionally. Usually when there's a super sale or something, but often in response to readers contacting him. And yeah, maybe there was more J. Crew in the past than now. I'm getting old that way, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X