Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huckberry Rhodes Darren Boot: Goodyear or Blake Rapid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huckberry Rhodes Darren Boot: Goodyear or Blake Rapid?

Does anyone know if the Darren (or more specifically, the Owen) boot from Huckberry are Goodyear or Blake Rapid stitched? The recent review says Goodyear, but other sources (including a previous Dappered review) are saying that their boots are Blake Rapid stitched, to give it that nice welt look.

The new models (Darren & Owen) look to be Goodyear welted. It could be a fake welt but the description specifically mentions "recraftable welt construction." It would be pretty shady if they used that wording and it was only Blake rapid stitched. Huckberry is pretty reputable so I doubt that is the case. The old Rhodes boots were definitely Blake stitched and Huckberry clearly states that in the description. Not to mention the Dappered reviewer is really knowledgeable about shoe construction so I would trust his judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by Domino View Post
      Does anyone know if the Darren (or more specifically, the Owen) boot from Huckberry are Goodyear or Blake Rapid stitched? The recent review says Goodyear, but other sources (including a previous Dappered review) are saying that their boots are Blake Rapid stitched, to give it that nice welt look.
      Yes, per Huckberry they are Goodyear welted. The older models that were made in Portugal were Blake stitched.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
        The new models (Darren & Owen) look to be Goodyear welted. It could be a fake welt but the description specifically mentions "recraftable welt construction." It would be pretty shady if they used that wording and it was only Blake rapid stitched. Huckberry is pretty reputable so I doubt that is the case. The old Rhodes boots were definitely Blake stitched and Huckberry clearly states that in the description. Not to mention the Dappered reviewer is really knowledgeable about shoe construction so I would trust his judgement.
        Thanks! I appreciate that, although I'm no one special. Just a huge boot nerd.

I can't disassemble review products before returning them, but I was under the impression that they were GYW, based on everything I saw. However, to be accurate, we reached out to Huckberry and confirmed they are GYW.

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
          I'm no one special. Just a huge boot nerd.
          And whisk(e)y.

You forgot the most important part man.

#bourbonsherpa
          https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post

And whisk(e)y.

You forgot the most important part man.

#bourbonsherpa
            Fair point! lol

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post

Yes, per Huckberry they are Goodyear welted. The older models that were made in Portugal were Blake stitched.
              Thanks for clearing it up!

Comment

Working...
              X