No announcement yet.

Advice on Picking a Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@LBD: well said. Don't believe the hype.

Comment

@BenR: Well said. Strangely enough I spent a good hour last night looking up threads on watch forums regarding expensive quartz watches and the sentiment there was not nearly as snobby as I expected. A lot of people said the same thing you did about a good quartz watch (this was inspired by me looking into the Omega Seamaster on Ebay and noticing that the quartz versions were also quite expensive). As much as I'd like a nice automatic, I almost feel like if I'm going to plunk down a hefty sum of cash for a nice watch, it'd be preferable that it isn't so temperamental and expensive to maintain. I will definitely own an automatic or two in the future, but reading those posts and yours made me change my perspective on quartz watches. My current watch is a Citizen Eco Drive that I've happily owned for almost 6 years now. Will probably get a new watch when I enter residency in a few more years.

Comment

I spent 10 years selling watches of all sorts of price ranges. The Bulova you linked is a solid watch. The Seiko is part of their entry level collection and not as nicely finished as a lot of their other offerings. The Orient is a little nicer looking to me than the other two and a little better quality. It as others have noted an auto which is a different animal.

Comment

Working...
        X