AE Dalton too stiff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AE Dalton too stiff

I grabbed some AE Dalton's about 2 years back because of a great sale. I am not 100% they fit the best for me/my feet, but I have them now, so...

Anyway, they aren't my favorite because they aren't that comfortable. My Wolverines used to be the same way, but they just finally broke in over time, but the Daltons don't seem to be. They just seem so stiff. How can I speed up this process? Heat? Alcohol on some socks? Time? I used to break in military boots by showering in them and then hiking in them whilst still wet, but I don't feel tat is the best for Allen Edmonds shoes....

Thanks.

They take some time. Condition em well and wear them around the house.
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

I dont think mine are too bad. I would keep alcohol away to make sure it doesnt come in contact with the uppers and pull the color off of them.

I think you just gotta wear em

Comment

I just wore them 3 times a week for a while with nice thick socks.

Comment

I had the same issue with a couple pairs of AE's I own. The old Army "wet sock" trick worked a charm. Light duty wool boot socks worked best for me. Basically, soak your socks, wring them out, and put them on. Then wear the shoes all day or until the socks dry. Walking around helps a lot with the process. Put the shoes away for a day or two with shoe trees installed. Hopefully when you put them back on, they'll at least be significantly improved if not most of the way broken in.

I agree to steer clear of heat, alcohol, or anything else that would damage the leather. If the sock trick doesn't work, try conditioning the leather and run the wet sock a second time. And if that doesn't work, you might want to talk to your friendly neighbor cobbler about applying a stretching oil. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X