Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do peacoats stretch out? Can you have them adjusted by tailor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do peacoats stretch out? Can you have them adjusted by tailor?

Hi guys. Winter is coming :P. So I've been on the market for a nice peacoat to augment my wardrobe for the cooler season. I gave the JCrew Bayswater a try and my girlfriend and I both think it looks phenomenal. Now, issue is that I'm 5' 11" and about 185-190 lbs with a 44in chest and it's pretty darn tight (the Medium) across the shoulders and chest and I was only wearing a shirt underneath it while the L is a bit and doesn't look nearly as good. So is it possible that this thing can stretch out a bit or I can have it adjusted by a tailor so it's perfect?

Or can anyone suggest a good peacoat for someone with my fit?

Hmmm... I am 5'11 154lbs with a 39.5 chest and the mediums fit me. I'm thinking you should buy the large especially sincee you said the medium is tight around the chest and shoulders with just a Shirt. As long as the large fits well on the shoulders, you should be able to take it in to a tailor to get it tucked in on the sides.

On second thought, it seems that tailoring a heavy coat can cost quite a bit more than its worth. Perhaps someone with some experience on the matter can weigh in.
    Last edited by Acousticfoodie; November 12, 2012, 06:13 AM.

Comment

How is the L too big? What were you wearing when you tried it on? The medium is clearly too small, it won't stretch out and I doubt there's anything to be taken out. Give the large another shot. You could have it taken in, but I don't think it'd be worth the cost. If you're really in between sizes, best to set your sights elsewhere. Luckily, if you've ever been to a party where people put their coats on the bed, you're aware there are a TON of peacoat options out there.
      Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

Working...
      X