Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deke
    replied
    I’ve been wearing mine for work (from home) for almost 3 weeks now and still loving them. They've also accompanied me on a few trips to the grocery store and such.

Leave a comment:

• mark4
    replied
    Originally posted by jithu9684 View Post
    Hi, I've been looking at this boot. Does anyone have any first hand comparisons with the Allbird slip on's?
    I have the Allbirds slip ons. They are nice but they're not a super-toasty slipper - they were going for a breathable, wicking merino wool that's wearable year-round. This time of year I wear them with socks because they do insulate, but not a ton. On the plus side I can wear them shuffling around the house from early fall to late spring and honestly even into the summer. On the minus side, this time of year I wish they made a shearling (or poly-fleece) lined version.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    drocpsu Thanks for the mini review. I am currently wearing a pair of LLBean slippers around the house 24/7. Those guys though look like they might fit the bill of casual around the house shoes nicely.

Leave a comment:

• facelessghost
    replied
    Since these keep coming up, what's the toe shape like? Are they wide like Birkenstocks, etc.? Or more traditional?

Leave a comment:

• drocpsu
    replied
    Well, I did it. I sprung for a pair of the outdoor boots. They arrived last week and so far are fantastic! Very comfy. Have not been too hot for indoor wear, (I don’t find my feet getting sweaty). And the rubber soles are great for being able to pop outside quickly for things. As others have said, they do run large. I usually wear a 10 in most shoes (or a 9E in AE 5-last), and these are a bit big, but not too much that I felt it warranted a full size down (think 9s would fit tight), but I’d you’re a half size, you’d probably want to.

Leave a comment:

• CK83
    replied
    I got mine (charcoal with gum sole), and wore them basically the entire weekend with everything from sweats to khakis. I usually wear a size 10.5 in most shoes, and went with the 10s, which fit me perfectly. My feet sometimes sweat, and I'll say, when I wore them without socks I noticed some minor feet moisture. With socks, no problems at all. Highly recommend to anyone on the fence.

Leave a comment:

• Deke
    replied
    Originally posted by jithu9684 View Post
    Hi, I've been looking at this boot. Does anyone have any first hand comparisons with the Allbird slip on's?
    My wife has allbird wool runners, and assuming the allbird slips are the same material as the runners, the Greys are thicker and have a bit more structure. Sorry, I know that’s not the most direct comparison, but hopefully it helps a little.

Leave a comment:

• lgball
    replied
    So, yeah, they do run big. The 11s are a bit big on my usual 11.5 size feet. So, posting the Grey 12s over on swap and shop. Yours for what I paid for them.

Leave a comment:

• jithu9684
    replied

Leave a comment:

• drocpsu
    replied
    I have a very nice pair of fairly expensive, handmade (in Maine) buffalo leather moccasins that I've been wearing for 5+ years now (and they still look great), but the biggest downside is the inability to walk outside in them in anything less than perfectly dry weather. I love the look of these Grey's Outdoor Boots with the rubber soles. Is it worth spending the ~$100 to get the wool boot and the ability to wear them inside and out?

Leave a comment:

• Deke
    replied
    Originally posted by facelessghost View Post

That's interesting. I noticed that the product page for the boot says to size down if you're between sizes, while the page for the low version says to size up. I assume they're sized the exact same. If I get a pair, I guess I'll have to use the buy 2 on the credit card strategy.

Sizing information seems to be close to worthless in general--there's no way to tell if people are talking about the same things or have the same expectations. For example, I can't understand why Greats (and the guy who reviewed them on the main site) say the Royale runs 1/2 size large. I had to go up 1/2 size to get the right fit.
    Yeah, I realized after I bought and returned the first pair that my adblocker was blocking reviews on Huckberry. But once I figured that out, I started digging into some of the lower star reviews (at least for the slippers), there seemed to be others that also had problems with them being too big. There were also some complaints about durability (so I guess we'll see), but everything looked and felt good out of the box in my case.

Leave a comment:

• facelessghost
    replied
    Originally posted by Deke View Post
    I will say, that Huckberry claims they are "true to size", but, at least in my experience, that was not at all the case. I ordered my normal tennis shoe size (13) and was absolutely swimming in them. I returned them for a 12 and they're still loose enough to where I think I'd be comfortable wearing socks, but not so loose that wearing them barefoot is an issue.
    That's interesting. I noticed that the product page for the boot says to size down if you're between sizes, while the page for the low version says to size up. I assume they're sized the exact same. If I get a pair, I guess I'll have to use the buy 2 on the credit card strategy.

Sizing information seems to be close to worthless in general--there's no way to tell if people are talking about the same things or have the same expectations. For example, I can't understand why Greats (and the guy who reviewed them on the main site) say the Royale runs 1/2 size large. I had to go up 1/2 size to get the right fit.

Leave a comment:

• Deke
    replied
    I bought a pair of the Greys Outdoor Slippers (basically the low-top version of the boot), and I love them. Very cozy but my feet don't get sweaty. I've only been wearing them for a week or so though, so can't speak to durability.

I will say, that Huckberry claims they are "true to size", but, at least in my experience, that was not at all the case. I ordered my normal tennis shoe size (13) and was absolutely swimming in them. I returned them for a 12 and they're still loose enough to where I think I'd be comfortable wearing socks, but not so loose that wearing them barefoot is an issue.

Leave a comment:

• Hebrew Barrister
    replied
    I ordered a pair. Will report back once received.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    After seeing the post here, I had to check out the slippers/boots. I must say, I am intrigued. Has anyone else bought a pair? What are your thoughts/feedback?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X