Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh NO! Bad News for Chelsea Boots! Or maybe you'll think it's good news.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idvsego
    replied
    beatles are great. Im not a fan of chelsea boots and never have been. mostly I dont like the way they fit me. I am not thrilled by the look but if they were comfortable I might like them a little.

Leave a comment:

• tankerjohn
    replied
    I love the Beatles! Yes, the Chelsea boots were part of their "lapelless suit" look pre-Rubber Soul. I love Ringo's bit about "Mockers" because that's pretty much right. Early on, in the Hamburg and Cavern Club days, they definitely fell on the Rocker side of things wearing leather jackets and playing straight up rock and roll. It was Brian Epstein who made them wear suits. I think after their early success, their musical interests veered in a more eclectic Mod-like direction as well. However, I don't recall they were ever specifically associated with Mod culture like The Who were. Chelsea boots were popular footwear in England going back to Queen Victoria, who favored them as walking boots. Before that, they were paddock boots issued to cavalry soldiers for cleaning up the stables and whatnot so they wouldn't mess up their riding boots.

That article and video were really funny. I'm not a Chelsea boot guy. But I do wonder if any of my favored footwear will become the "F#ckboi boots" of 2021! Or anything else I like to wear for that matter. Now that I think about it, the "Urban Lumberjack" fad has pretty much come and gone, so hopefully I'm safe to wear my flannel shirts around. Really, though, haters are gonna hate, so I just "do me" and not worry about it.

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Harumph.

Leave a comment:

• Silverstreak
    replied
    Chelsea boots in white were also standard Imperial issue for stormtroopers.

Leave a comment:

• andrewrg
    replied
    Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post

Which always reminds me of Ringo's hilarious answer to the question, "Are you a Mod or a Rocker?"

Ringo answered, "I'm a Mocker."
    Hard Day's Night! I love that movie. I think it captures their ethos well. My parents always told us as kids (from the Help movie) "goooo toooo the vindow!"

Interwebs say that Beatle Boots were a style of Chelsea boot they wore that was tighter fitting, with a bigger heel.

And the suits they wore with drainpipes for legs.
    Last edited by andrewrg; December 24, 2020, 01:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mebejoseph
    replied
    Originally posted by andrewrg View Post
    I laughed out loud at this. I've mostly called these things "Beatle boots" because their other name is musical. Now I'll probably make an effort to ONLY call them that now, similar to people saying "Freedom Fries"in the 2000's.

If ask if this makes the Beatles the original f*ckbois, but I have to much respect for them.
    I loved the Beatles and all the members. Some of their songs still make me misty-eyed (e.g., The Long and Winding Road; While My Guitar Gently Weeps), I've never associated them with Chelsea boots. I think I've associated Chelsea boots with the "Mod" trend of the 60's.

Which always reminds me of Ringo's hilarious answer to the question, "Are you a Mod or a Rocker?"

Ringo answered, "I'm a Mocker."

Leave a comment:

• andrewrg
    replied
    I laughed out loud at this. I've mostly called these things "Beatle boots" because their other name is musical. Now I'll probably make an effort to ONLY call them that now, similar to people saying "Freedom Fries"in the 2000's.

If ask if this makes the Beatles the original f*ckbois, but I have to much respect for them.

Leave a comment:

• Oh NO! Bad News for Chelsea Boots! Or maybe you'll think it's good news.

I think the title of the article says it all:

I WORE THE OFFICIAL F*CKBOI FOOTWEAR OF 2020 FOR A WEEK & IT CHANGED MY LIFE

But you might want to read it as well.

https://www.dmarge.com/2020/12/chels...xperiment.html
Working...
X